Marshall forum issue?

• Thread starter DirtySteve
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AdrianDSL

Reaction score
The site is flying over here in Brisvegas and has always been in the last month or so, should I start selling web proxy access out of South East Queensland to all youse forum deprived Yanks? 😀

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems to be working much better tonight. A couple of hours ago I wasn't having any slowdowns, but I tried to give a couple of 'likes' and a new window popped up asking me to confirm them, but it's not doing that anymore. Vin got the lucky 'test like' a minute ago, I sure hope he appreciates it, lol.

Anyway, hoping this is a good sign...:fingersx:

Vinsanitizer

*** Canceled ***
VIP Member
Reaction score
7 minutes. :facepalm:
... and it's not happening with ANY other site you visit - like a site that's not cached in your browser? Do a search for something and click on a few sites you've never visited before, and note the results.

I would think that if at least one person (above) is claiming lightning speed, then it can't be an issue with the operation of the forum, it must be something else. And you, seemingly having the slowest experience... perhaps a call to your ISP might give you some answers.

Call your ISP, DirtySteve. This has been impeding your work here for far too long. We depend on you to be able to post efficiently, reliably, and in a timely manner.

Last edited:

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
... and it's not happening with ANY other site you visit - like a site that's not cached in your browser? Do a search for something and click on a few sites you've never visited before, and note the results.

I would think that if at least one person (above) is claiming lightning speed, then it can't be an issue with the operation of the forum, it must be something else. And you, seemingly having the slowest experience... perhaps a call to your ISP might give you some answers.

Call your ISP, DirtySteve. This has been impeding your work here for far too long. We depend on you to be able to post efficiently, reliably, and in a timely manner.

This is the only forum or any other site I have a problem with. The ONLY one! I search shit all day long and go to sites I've never been to before if my search leads me there and everything works fine everywhere but here. :shrug:

It's working fine now, but I suspect it's only temporary like earlier.

Vinsanitizer

*** Canceled ***
VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the only forum or any other site I have a problem with. The ONLY one! I search shit all day long and go to sites I've never been to before if my search leads me there and everything works fine everywhere but here. :shrug:

It's working fine now, but I suspect it's only temporary like earlier.
:hmm:... Ok, then by any chance do you happen to worship the devil or anything like that? Do you own a Ouija board or any spell casting books? Anything like that??

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
:hmm:... Ok, then by any chance do you happen to worship the devil or anything like that? Do you own a Ouija board or any spell casting books? Anything like that??
No devil worship here, no. I have a couple of Marshall MX cabs that I'm finding out the hard way that they suck, but that's about it. Oh yeah, well... back in the early 90s I was cursed by a Warlock...does that count?

Vinsanitizer

*** Canceled ***
VIP Member
Reaction score
You probably think I'm joking about the warlock, but... :ugh: I'm not.
A sincere call out to J resolves that.

As for Marshall MX cabs... I just would never have in the first place. At that point you're just paying for looks on the cheap, and not getting the real deal, even if u swap speakers.

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried to post to the thread last night, but kept getting kicked out.
Getting worse for me.
I've tried multiple browsers, and multiple computers, and the issue is consistent no matter what I do on my end.
Just MF - no other forums or web sites do this BS.

Vinsanitizer

*** Canceled ***
VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure about anyone else, but I had to reboot my router today, and now the forum loads pages faster than a cheetah on ghost peppers. I'd been getting the scrolling vertical page load bars at the top-right for many months, but not anymore.

Being out of IT for so long, I had forgotten routers need occasional reboots.

Latest posts