Marshall Grill Cloth

• Thread starter kustombob
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kustombob

Reaction score
Where is the best place to buy Marshall checkered grill cloth like on the 1960ax cabs' I saw some on ebay, Is their any other place. Thanks:wave:

kustombob

Reaction score
Thanks CR' I went back and found some places. I found that place and it looks liek a nice place. Any linls to how to replace Marshall 4x12 cabs. I found some but nothing to good. I tried youtube ' their are a few for other cabs. I assume you have to take speakers out and remove the baffle. Thanks again.

BygoneTones

Reaction score
The check cloth is the easiest of them all to install. Do not follow the scumback speakers tutorial on the gear page, otherwise you will either end up with your last corner being wonky or you will tear the material trying to pull the last corner on during "the real muscle part". Incorrect method altogether.

Staple all 4 corners down first before attempting to staple any of the side edges. This is the only way you will get perfectly straight cloth.

Do not pull too hard when establishing the tension of the cloth. Just use a light tension, just enough so the material lies flat and is reasonably taut. It will tighten up nicely when you staple along the side edges. You do not need to be built like Arnie to install a grill cloth.

Easy once you've done a few, especially the check material.

Last edited:

klaatutooyou

Reaction score
The check cloth is the easiest of them all to install. Do not follow the scumback speakers tutorial on the gear page, otherwise you will either end up with your last corner being wonky or you will tear the material trying to pull the last corner on during "the real muscle part". Incorrect method altogether. Do not get me started on that guy!

Staple all 4 corners down first before attempting to staple any of the side edges. This is the only way you will get perfectly straight cloth.
Do not pull too hard when establishing the tension of the cloth. Just use a light tension, just enough so the material lies flat and is reasonably taut. It will tighten up nicely when you staple along the side edges. You do not need to be built like Arnie to install a grill cloth.

YUP! I found that out the hard way . my first attempt
looked like a plethora of S,s:naughty:

kustombob

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I guess the hardest part is just taking it all apart.

By the way klaatutooyou I had a silvertone Sears guitar that had the speaker in the guitar and amp. My dad bought it for him to learn but gave up and I took over when I was like 12. It was a decent guitar. Had a little distortion if you turn the volume knob all the way up. It also had a out jack for a real amp. I see them on ebay very rarely.

klaatutooyou

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I guess the hardest part is just taking it all apart.

By the way klaatutooyou I had a silvertone Sears guitar that had the speaker in the guitar and amp. My dad bought it for him to learn but gave up and I took over when I was like 12. It was a decent guitar. Had a little distortion if you turn the volume knob all the way up. It also had a out jack for a real amp. I see them on ebay very rarely.

Mine is somewhere .I used the amp as a pedal in front of an old kusto 200.
it worked. lol
I have a few of the lipstick pickups from danelectro still .
they had a unique sound .
Jimmy page played one all thru his carreer.
mine was inline 6

CRobbins

Reaction score
Thanks CR' I went back and found some places. I found that place and it looks liek a nice place. Any linls to how to replace Marshall 4x12 cabs. I found some but nothing to good. I tried youtube ' their are a few for other cabs. I assume you have to take speakers out and remove the baffle. Thanks again.

Do a search on youtube, there are bunch of how to videos.