Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 401 - Reverb not responding

DislocatedBoy

Reaction score
I've recently done a few things to my DSL 401 (swapped tubes, and raised the bridge rectifier to avoid unsoldering when amp gets hot). During the soldering process, something happened after my friend suggested tinkering with the ohm settings to get more out of the amp. Long story short - amp went BZZZ after turning on, and I got no sound out of it. After taking it to a guy to get everything sorted, I got my amp back and it's working fine - except I can't seem to get any reverb.

I've tried taking out the reverb tank and checking the springs - but everything appears to be in place. Tried swapping out the cable inputs, and got nothing. Now, when I unplug the guitar and turn the reverb up and down, I can hear it affecting the springs moving through the speaker. However the knob doesn't seem to do anything when my guitar is plugged in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - I really want to sort this out, because it's been something with this amp for the last year and I'm sick of it, I just want to get back to playing without worrying about one thing or another about it.

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you positive the tiny little wires inside the tank aren't broken?..the ones that come off the jack?

Could also be a broken solder connection at the pot. I would reflow the connections just to rule that out.