Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 100 sound problem

• Thread starter ICOS
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ICOS

Reaction score
I have a JCM2000 Triple Super Lead 100 that is about 1 1/2 years old. It has worked fine up until about a month ago. The sound that comes out of it on all channels is just barely audible. Maybe like a 15w amp. I need help!!! This is my main amp and our band is scheduled to go on tour the second week of June. I live in a small town (about 2 hours from any major cities) so getting someone local to work on it is out of the question. I hope someone out there has either had the same problem or knows about this and can help. Thanks in advance for any help you guys have.

Britt
-ICOS
MySpace.com - In Case Of Struggle (Booking Tour!) - CHANUTE, US - Breakcore / Metal / Progressive - www.myspace.com/incaseofstruggle

amplifier

Reaction score
Sounds like you need new poweramp valves. Have you changed them yet? After that long I'd retube the whole amp, your preamp ones will go next.

ICOS

Reaction score
I haven't replaced anything yet. I was waiting on a reply to even get started. I am not really sure what type to buy... I mean will any tubes work or do they have to be Marshall and exactly the same as the ones that came out of it or what? I assume that I can go to a music store and get replacement tubes? Maybe Ebay? I've taken out the tubes that are in the amp and cleaned them so I know it wouldn't be a big deal to change out the tubes, I'm just not sure about which ones to replace them with. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Britt
-ICOS
MySpace.com - In Case Of Struggle (Booking Tour!) - CHANUTE, US - Breakcore / Metal / Progressive - www.myspace.com/incaseofstruggle

stryker59

Reaction score
clean the effect loop jacks first....they will get cruddy over time and cause a volume drop, use some contact cleaner and slide a jack back and forth in them!