Marshall Jcm 800 Value?

• Thread starter Revsynyster
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shae201

Reaction score
Just had the back off the cabs and they are celestion g12-65 the impedance says 15ohms? I take it these won't be the original speakers? Should I run the amp at 16ohm with these?
Actually in 1982 I believe the 800 series cabs were still using g1265s. I dont think they switched over to g1275s till 84.

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
They should be original. They are 8 ohm cabs. 2x16 (15) ohm speakers in each. They run at 8 ohms each cabinet. Meaning if you use one cab the amp is set at 8 ohms. If you use 2 cabs the same amp needs to be set at 4 ohms.

Last edited:

Revsynyster

Reaction score
Welcome, you're now an MFer. :cheers:

Curious to know what amp(s) you're using that sent your 2204 to the sidelines
Cheers! Your going to think I'm mad when I tell you ha ha, but i have had afew different modelling amps that are more house friendly in the time I have had this at the moment I'm using a Peavey vypyr, it's just for simplicity I can plug the guitar straight in play at low volume and still sound good, obviously not cranked valve good but resonablre for what I need. I don't play in a band or anything so no gigging so the small modelling amps just fit my need as horrible as that is to say

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
Those modeling amps are fine, but you also have one of the best bedroom amps there is in the 800, just need to harness its beast, to your favor! Cheers Mitch