MARSHALL JMD-1 100 WATT HEAD

• Thread starter ALPINEWHITE2001
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ALPINEWHITE2001

Reaction score
Hi all,
I recently found and bought a JMD 1 100 watt head with footswitch. I was using an MG 100DHDFX for gigs.I love the amp, got it all set up using a 4/12 cab at home. I went to use it this past Saturday. We don't use cabinets on stage, direct to FOH. I have been using a Palmer PGA 4 as load box, cabinet simulator. Well, it sounded like a tin can. I was very frustrated. Long story short, I'm planning on using the emulated line out on the JMD this Saturday. Is there anyone out there with experience with this and how it sounds? All response is highly appreciated. Hoping one day we will play places that can handle using 4/12 cabinets.

Regards,
Dave Gerancher

Last edited:

marshallmellowed

Reaction score
Hi all,
I recently found and bought a JMD 1 100 watt head with footswitch. I was using an MG 100DHDFX for gigs.I love the amp, got it all set up using a 4/12 cab at home. I went to use it this past Saturday. We don't use cabinets on stage, direct to FOH. I have been using a Palmer PGA 4 as load box, cabinet simulator. Well, it sounded like a tin can. I was very frustrated. Long story short, I'm planning on using the emulated line out on the JMD this Saturday. Is there anyone out there with experience with this and how it sounds? All response is highly appreciated. Hoping one day we will play places that can handle using 4/12 cabinets.

Regards,
Dave Gerancher
I think I hooked mine up to a powered speaker once, and while it didn't sound like a good guitar cab, I seem to recall it didn't sound too bad after some EQ sculpting. That's my suggestion, hook it up to a good powered wedge or monitor and tweak it in advance. You may still need to do some EQ sculpting at FOH or somewhere in the chain to suit whatever speakers are being used at a gig. If you're relying on someone else to run sound, it's pretty much in their hands to do that, unless you run your own EQ in the feed to FOH to use as a "Global EQ".

Last edited:

ALPINEWHITE2001

Reaction score
Thanks for that response. It would go directly to FOH which he would EQ there. We have a very advanced set up for sound and a great sound guy. I used to use the emulated line out on my MGHD 100FX and it sounded awesome. I'll still use the Palmer PGA for load on the head as we don't use any 4/12 cabinets on stage unless its a large venue.

Regards,
Dave Gerancher

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
:welcome:to the forum Alpine...

can I ask that we keep this to a single conversation, rather than having ½ dozen partial conversations on this topic, where, nobody knows what's going on in the others?

thanks!

:cheers:

ALPINEWHITE2001

Reaction score
:welcome:to the forum Alpine...

can I ask that we keep this to a single conversation, rather than having ½ dozen partial conversations on this topic, where, nobody knows what's going on in the others?

thanks!

:cheers:
first time posting here. Not sure what you mean but thanks for bringing it to my attention......

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
first time posting here. Not sure what you mean but thanks for bringing it to my attention......
you're ok... I just saw, that you posted in another thread, the same query.

We've been having a lot of new members join lately & they have a question, then next thing there's 5 threads on it, & they also hop on other people's threads, so, their question is everywhere.

Then people respond, but, 1 person in each area, that it's posted, rather than having all replies in 1 place, where people can see what's been said already & if there's a lot of info, it's spread out, rather than all in one place.

I'm just trying to avoid that. Thanks...

marshallmellowed

Reaction score

We've been having a lot of new members join lately & they have a question, then next thing there's 5 threads on it, & they also hop on other people's threads, so, their question is everywhere.

Then people respond, but, 1 person in each area, that it's posted, rather than having all replies in 1 place, where people can see what's been said already & if there's a lot of info, it's spread out, rather than all in one place.

I'm just trying to avoid that. Thanks...
I just responded to this post, but you'll need to check the "Other Amps" section (jk). :)

ALPINEWHITE2001

Reaction score

I'm just trying t

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
you might put an ad out... not too many people on here (or in general) have those rack units. I have a JMP-1 & EL 50/50 (which is like the 9100 - 100/100 is like 9200), but, at this point, I'm not looking to get rid of them...

The JMD actually has a good JMP-1 patch, actually, IIRC, 2, clean & dirty, & w/o the inherent problems of the pre-amp...