DELETE Please. Super Lead found.

• Thread starter jgab
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jgab

Reaction score
Hi,
Looking for a Marshall 100 watt Super Lead that isn't full of holes or beat to crap. Would pay ~ $3400-$3600 USD.

I also have a 1982 Marshall JMP 50 watt head in excellent condition and never modded that I could work in the deal. Highlighted below.

FYI - I don't have the brown faded JCM 800 head anymore. I didn't need two 2204 amps so I got rid of it. I really want a Super Lead, so I end up with a Super Lead, 2203 and 2204.

Thanks,
J

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    161.8 KB · Views: 23

V-man

Reaction score
Hi,
Looking for a Marshall 100 watt Super Lead that isn't full of holes or beat to crap. Would pay ~ $3400-$3600 USD.

I also have a 1982 Marshall JMP 50 watt head in excellent condition and never modded that I could work in the deal. Highlighted below.

FYI - I don't have the brown faded JCM 800 head anymore. I didn't need two 2204 amps so I got rid of it. I really want a Super Lead, so I end up with a Super Lead, 2203 and 2204.

Thanks,
J

More details on the “1982 JMP” could be helpful. They were mostly phased out by 1981 with a few holdouts overseas in continental Europe. What country was it marketed for?

jgab

Reaction score
This is a Canadian JMP. I have seen plenty of examples of JMP heads from 82', but by 81' they seemed to be phased out for the USA examples.

Probably a big push in 81' to get the JCM 800 line into the the states, so they ran out the remaining JMP parts to the other countries.

jagrenet

Reaction score
This is a Canadian JMP. I have seen plenty of examples of JMP heads from 82', but by 81' they seemed to be phased out for the USA examples.

Probably a big push in 81' to get the JCM 800 line into the the states, so they ran out the remaining JMP parts to the other countries.
What are the differences between the Canadian and the USA models ??

jgab

Reaction score

jagrenet

Reaction score
I do have a '75 1959 SLP. I bought it lass than a year ago. When I got it, it was in bad shape, sound wise ... Like - really bad. I have done quite a few things to it and sadly, it is no longer in "stock" condition. But, .... I thought long and hard before I dug into fixing it up and modifying it away from it's "almost" stock state.
Somebody before me had added a PPIMV which, was done very badly. Along the way (prior to me) it got a complete Filter Cap job done.
I have -
Corrected the PPIMV with a complete Lar-Mar style refresh
-
Added a DPDT Pot which replaced the Normal pot. With that I am doing the Cascade mod - (In = stock Plexi circuit at V1 ..... Out = Cascaded V1A to V1B)
-
Installed a Fixed Depth network at the 4 ohm tap and swapped the first Coupling Cap from .022 to a .0022
-
Replaced Presence pot and updated the .068 Cap on it
Along with a couple of other minor tweaks here and there.
This thing is a Gain beast now but, you can still use it as a Plexi and bridge the channels as you normally would ...... if that's what you wanted to do.

Not sure you would want something like this - not sure I would want to part with it either. But, to be fair, ..... I have been tossing the idea around since you posted.

God of Thunder

Reaction score
Shoot I'd probably sell one of my 71s, but just outside the range!

Lo-Watt

Reaction score
I have a 75 Superlead untouched except for changed bias caps.

jgab

Reaction score
Just bumping this. So far not quite what I am looking for so the search continues.

Please let me know what you have. Hoping to get an unmodified one, or at least one with reversible mods. No extra holes.

jgab

Reaction score
I’m not surprised, but it’s amazing how many times someone has tried to scam me. Nobody from this site, but Facebook is the worst.

They are very elaborate too. Using lots of A.I. and stuff. It’s pretty obvious when you start asking for proof, but some scammers are pretty convincing. I wish I could catch them somehow.

jgab

Reaction score
Also, in this covered extra preamp hole stock in the old Super Leads? Is this because they used the same chassis for a different model?
IMG_0288.jpeg

79 2203

Reaction score
Also, in this covered extra preamp hole stock in the old Super Leads? Is this because they used the same chassis for a different model?
View attachment 151222
My 70 Superbass has the same and AFAIK the amp is stock except for the PT. I think I read somewhere that they used the same layout for all the 100 watters so they wouldn’t have to punch extra holes just for the Trem models.

jagrenet

Reaction score
The search is over. Found a 1974 Super Lead in nice shape. Used but not abused.
Congratulations !!! Happy NAD !! - Now, it's a rite of passage but, we will need pics and sound samples -:agreed::applause:

tomengelhardt

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks,
J
Hi, i have a 1972 1959 I'm in the $4000 range new tubes and caps, sounds incredible. text me 4084011978.

Latest posts