Marshall JVM 410h

• Thread starter JCChicken88
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

chuckmehh

Reaction score
Sorry you got burned, Franky. The seller actually mentioned earlier that I'd vouch for him, and I would have if I had seen this thread earlier!

I met him in person to swap that JCM800KK he has for...Well, I don't want to tell you guys what for, because I fear you'd ban me forever. :D haha

But, yeah, that trade was perfect. I'm sorry this happened to ya.

Frankv

Reaction score
Sorry you got burned, Franky. The seller actually mentioned earlier that I'd vouch for him, and I would have if I had seen this thread earlier!

I met him in person to swap that JCM800KK he has for...Well, I don't want to tell you guys what for, because I fear you'd ban me forever. :D haha

But, yeah, that trade was perfect. I'm sorry this happened to ya.

It was one of those things man. It happens.

Heres where the seller went wrong. Well, there are a few places he went wrong.. aside from lying that he checked the reverb... impossible right...no reverb board.. where he went wrong was not standing up like a man and coming clean. Tell me you didnt know the amp was butchered up.. Deal with the aftermath. Be a straight shooter and take responsibility. Had that happened I would have come to an agreement and settled this is an easy friendly way...

But his choice was not to do that or act that way. He chose to run from the problem... So in my mind that kinda means he knew he was screwing the buyer and banked on selling it to some snotnose kid with a rich father.. that aint me. I mean im a father but my kids are all past snotnose status.

JustinG60

Reaction score
I'm an old hot rodder from my 35 years in the car business. Do you know you can sink $10,000 into an engine and only get .1 second better ET times.. Talk about little gain for the money..

yeh, i know exactly what that's like. my father was a professional drag racer for years. i know what it's like to throw a ton of money at a car and not get much in return ...but honestly that is exactly what i hoped for with the mod. small returns for my money.

:hbang:

Frankv

Reaction score
yeh, i know exactly what that's like. my father was a professional drag racer for years. i know what it's like to throw a ton of money at a car and not get much in return ...but honestly that is exactly what i hoped for with the mod. small returns for my money.

:hbang:

In researching what company I wanted to do the mod I often heard reports that indeed a Voodoo modded amp takes on it's own tone. Was a consideration for me.. Did I want that? Then I thought just how many Pros use Voodoo Modded amps and decided if it's good enough for them it is so for me.

You sound like you are unhappy with the changed sound you are getting from yours.. Is that correct? Can you tell me about it? I mean the thread should morph into something constructive now..

JustinG60

Reaction score
In researching what company I wanted to do the mod I often heard reports that indeed a Voodoo modded amp takes on it's own tone. Was a consideration for me.. Did I want that? Then I thought just how many Pros use Voodoo Modded amps and decided if it's good enough for them it is so for me.

You sound like you are unhappy with the changed sound you are getting from yours.. Is that correct? Can you tell me about it? I mean the thread should morph into something constructive now..

well... the bass now is overwhelming. i have always used my TSL for modern styles of music so i went with the metal mod. it was supposed to tighten the bottom end and increase bass response, what i got was a ton of bass. they were supposed to increase gain (honestly did not want this but didn't want to pay custom mod prices) and i ended up with a completely new sound to my gain. some of which i would normally like but it has a bit of a Peavey sound to it. i guess that's the hot rodded "buzz saw" sound. all in all it seems like a mod made for people who had a Marshall but wanted it to sound like a different manufacturer's amp but couldn't afford it.

like i originally stated, i like the people at Voodoo. we had our differences when my amp was there, it was properly sorted out due to some miscommunication but definitely made a lot of changes for the amount they charged. i can't be mad at them as i went in blind because there weren't any sound clips on youtube anywhere of this mod. i guess i should break mine out of it's case and make one.

oh, if i didn't have so much sentimental value to it or if it were my only amp, i would sell it.

Frankv

Reaction score
well... the bass now is overwhelming. i have always used my TSL for modern styles of music so i went with the metal mod. it was supposed to tighten the bottom end and increase bass response, what i got was a ton of bass. they were supposed to increase gain (honestly did not want this but didn't want to pay custom mod prices) and i ended up with a completely new sound to my gain. some of which i would normally like but it has a bit of a Peavey sound to it. i guess that's the hot rodded "buzz saw" sound. all in all it seems like a mod made for people who had a Marshall but wanted it to sound like a different manufacturer's amp but couldn't afford it.

like i originally stated, i like the people at Voodoo. we had our differences when my amp was there, it was properly sorted out due to some miscommunication but definitely made a lot of changes for the amount they charged. i can't be mad at them as i went in blind because there weren't any sound clips on youtube anywhere of this mod. i guess i should break mine out of it's case and make one.

oh, if i didn't have so much sentimental value to it or if it were my only amp, i would sell it.

Well that doesn't sound good at all. You are not happy for sure. In my case, the amp I purchased was so butchered up I never heard a real 410 so it will
be hard for me to judge the changes. Which could be a good thing cause I won't have anything stuck in my head to compare it to.

Marshall_Watts87

Reaction score
The Chicken dude that stuck me with this amp is on permanent banned... Basically he refused to return any messages from the mods and me about this sale..

seems like banning him was a gift for him. now you have no chance of making him atone.

Last edited:

JustinG60

Reaction score
Well that doesn't sound good at all. You are not happy for sure. In my case, the amp I purchased was so butchered up I never heard a real 410 so it will
be hard for me to judge the changes. Which could be a good thing cause I won't have anything stuck in my head to compare it to.

yeh i'm not knocking the quality of work by any means. i went in blind and didn't get what i expected. kind of my own fault for being a little cheap and not going up there to get a custom mod.

Ed Hunter

Reaction score
WOW!:pissed: i read through this and i wanted to say we live in a really sad, sick world!
The guy that got ripped on this JVM is one of the coolest people around and to see him get taken by that douchebag chickenjason is maddening!:mad:
if you are wondering why i am so pissed frank did me a real solid for a JVM1 marshall anni. head and is letting me make payments on it not to mention he is only charging me $575 shipped/paypal:yesway:
otherwise i would not have been able to buy this but he knew i really wanted the marshall so he did me a favor and did not even know me before this. that is the character of the guy that got ripped! Hey Chickenjason i hope karma bites you right in the ASS!

Frankv

Reaction score
Hey man. Thanks for thinking about me. Its appreciated. Ill use this post as an update.. my 410 is still at VooDoo... yeah it has been a good long while now. I spoke to them today and was told everything was done except the trannies. They told me they wanted to play it for awhile before they did the trannies. This way if anything happens it wont blow the new trannies.

Im really looking forward to putting this sad chapter behind me and moving on with a completely rebuild and modded JVM.

WOW!:pissed: i read through this and i wanted to say we live in a really sad, sick world!
The guy that got ripped on this JVM is one of the coolest people around and to see him get taken by that douchebag chickenjason is maddening!:mad:
if you are wondering why i am so pissed frank did me a real solid for a JVM1 marshall anni. head and is letting me make payments on it not to mention he is only charging me $575 shipped/paypal:yesway:
otherwise i would not have been able to buy this but he knew i really wanted the marshall so he did me a favor and did not even know me before this. that is the character of the guy that got ripped! Hey Chickenjason i hope karma bites you right in the ASS!

Ed Hunter

Reaction score
Hey man. Thanks for thinking about me. Its appreciated. Ill use this post as an update.. my 410 is still at VooDoo... yeah it has been a good long while now. I spoke to them today and was told everything was done except the trannies. They told me they wanted to play it for awhile before they did the trannies. This way if anything happens it wont blow the new trannies.

Im really looking forward to putting this sad chapter behind me and moving on with a completely rebuild and modded JVM.

well on the positive side you are going to be playing/owning a incredible JVM!
Much better than any stocker and stock these things are beasts so your's will be :wow::yesway::slash:

Frankv

Reaction score
well on the positive side you are going to be playing/owning a incredible JVM!
Much better than any stocker and stock these things are beasts so your's will be :wow::yesway::slash:

I got the final estimate. Trace worked with me on the repairs/ updates. Total is just under $1600.00

Considering a full Voodoo upgrade is $1100... For $500 more I got a brand new Marshall Motherboard and Reverb board. Now the amp is back to life and should serve me for a good long time.

Here is the Voodoo Description. Why in the world would someone butcher up an amp like this... I just don't get it. Hey ChickenFace... You reading this... Fu$ken Coward...

Customer Reports; Reverb not working, FX-Loop Buttons & other buttons on back seem stuck /
frozen in place, Amp was just retubed, Please look over everything & report back
Visual Inspection; R137 has been cut / disconnected from circuit, R82 has been cut / poorly
resoldered, Switches SW1, SW2, SW3, SW4 are "sprung", IE: shorting leaves are not making
proper contact as someone has purposely bent them, Digital Reverb is not working as someone has
removed the Digital Reverb printed circuit board (PCB), Numerous faulty solder connections due
to prior tech attempting to repair amplifier. Bench Test & Audio Test - Fail. No audio present.
Contact Marshall USA Division to acquire pricing for replacement of Main PCB & Digital Reverb
PCB, Generate Estimate, Phone Customer 07-17-2014 11:35am to discuss repair options

Ed Hunter

Reaction score
I got the final estimate. Trace worked with me on the repairs/ updates. Total is just under $1600.00

Considering a full Voodoo upgrade is $1100... For $500 more I got a brand new Marshall Motherboard and Reverb board. Now the amp is back to life and should serve me for a good long time.

Here is the Voodoo Description. Why in the world would someone butcher up an amp like this... I just don't get it. Hey ChickenFace... You reading this... Fu$ken Coward...

Customer Reports; Reverb not working, FX-Loop Buttons & other buttons on back seem stuck /
frozen in place, Amp was just retubed, Please look over everything & report back
Visual Inspection; R137 has been cut / disconnected from circuit, R82 has been cut / poorly
resoldered, Switches SW1, SW2, SW3, SW4 are "sprung", IE: shorting leaves are not making
proper contact as someone has purposely bent them, Digital Reverb is not working as someone has
removed the Digital Reverb printed circuit board (PCB), Numerous faulty solder connections due
to prior tech attempting to repair amplifier. Bench Test & Audio Test - Fail. No audio present.
Contact Marshall USA Division to acquire pricing for replacement of Main PCB & Digital Reverb
PCB, Generate Estimate, Phone Customer 07-17-2014 11:35am to discuss repair options

he glued the push in buttons? cut a resistor? his soldering skills suck ass as anyone can plainly see in the pics
so all in all he used a brand new JVM for his experiment amp:scratch:WTF
I think these amps kill in stock form so i have NO CLUE to what he "thought" he was going to accomplish butchering it up like that?
in this thread he had the nerve to mention some amp tech that lives near him? well IF that is the guy that did this to the JVM go back to your day job buddy cause you aint no amp tech! not even close!

Ed Hunter

Reaction score
It worked when it left my house. Such a little problem such as reverb don't u think I would've addressed that before shipping it to u? I have a world renown amp tech 5 mins from my house (big crunch). I would've took it there no problem if there was anything wrong with the amp. You have been nothing but shady since I first started negotiations with u about this amp. I shouldve expected this. But im just not gonna give u your money back based on your word, I don't even know you!

FOUND IT! "world renown amp tech" ? I never heard of him did you? what a asshole!

Frankv

Reaction score
he glued the push in buttons? cut a resistor? his soldering skills suck ass as anyone can plainly see in the pics
so all in all he used a brand new JVM for his experiment amp:scratch:WTF
I think these amps kill in stock form so i have NO CLUE to what he "thought" he was going to accomplish butchering it up like that?
in this thread he had the nerve to mention some amp tech that lives near him? well IF that is the guy that did this to the JVM go back to your day job buddy cause you aint no amp tech! not even close!

It is hard to fathom, isn't it? To take a $3200 amp and do that to it.. Just hard to believe. Clearly this is a case where someone has gone over to the JVMforum and gathered up some of the mods listed there for PROS and decided he would try his hand at it.. after all, how hard could it be right? Good Grief.

So telling that this Pri$k would just disappear and never come here to answer these questions like a man. Hence his CHICKEN user name.. So fitting it is..

Frankv

Reaction score
he glued the push in buttons? !

Yeah, that's the one that has me puzzled. Why in the world would someone epoxy the effects loop buttons. What mod has anyone doing that... and for want purpose.. Oh, wait a minute.. isn't that the "Your Loop Circuit Won't Work Anymore" Mod? Yeah I bet that's it.

Ed Hunter

Reaction score
Yeah, that's the one that has me puzzled. Why in the world would someone epoxy the effects loop buttons. What mod has anyone doing that... and for want purpose.. Oh, wait a minute.. isn't that the "Your Loop Circuit Won't Work Anymore" Mod? Yeah I bet that's it.

:lol:

Ed Hunter

Reaction score
It is hard to fathom, isn't it? To take a $3200 amp and do that to it.. Just hard to believe. Clearly this is a case where someone has gone over to the JVMforum and gathered up some of the mods listed there for PROS and decided he would try his hand at it.. after all, how hard could it be right? Good Grief.

So telling that this Pri$k would just disappear and never come here to answer these questions like a man. Hence his CHICKEN user name.. So fitting it is..

:lol: yeah that CHICKEN screen name had me think that too!:applause:

Frankv

Reaction score
Hey guys, I wanted to say that our MOD Martystrat54 really tried to help out with this situation. I appreciated that very much and wanted to say so in a public space..

Thanks Marty.

Latest posts