Marshall JVM HJS - just bought one, unsure if i like it

• Thread starter Marker
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cragginshred

Reaction score
I just bought this head (to arrive next week) to back up my Bogner XTC
One thing I did and was not mentioned by the OP was buying a marshall 4x12 with
T-75's just as Joe R&D'd it and uses right?
(OP @Marker - just said 1960 cab -what speakers)??
I am pretty psyched to try it and since this is an older thread figured i would revive it!

cragginshred

Reaction score
Also what about just hitting the front of the amp in the JCM 800 tone with an OD for solos? I read Marker does not like that here use this method? ( Iknow I will -if the OD ch does not work so well for solos)

chromeboy

Reaction score
I agree with some here in that one, you're not using g12 75's, two if you already are getting the sound you want out of the amps you already have then why buy this one? Also your playing technique also has a lot to do with the tone. Three as has been said already, no two marshall amps sound the same. The differences my be minimal and only noticable to you. If you are gigging I can assure you the audience won't notice and most likely won't care. I play similar music to you and use two 100 watt jcm 900 DR's with two 1960A cabs. I can get very close to a michael.schenker tone all the way to a thrasher tone. If you are looking to get everything out of one amp you may be disappointed. That's why most players use pedals of some sort.

Marker

Reaction score
I sold the JVM HJS a few months after I bought it. I played mine with a 1960A and 1960AV cabs - the 1960AV was better for me.

I tried a Boss Ge7 eq pedal in the front and in the loop but just couldn't get what I was looking for - bite , atack, atitude.

In the end it wasn't for me. It's all pretty subjective so give it a try , lot's of people love it and others don't like it that much, just like me.

Give us your toughts!

SG~GUY

Reaction score
-I have no use for anything in the JV line,.. NO BALLS!!!

cragginshred

Reaction score
Mine will be here Monday. A freind who owns every classic Marshall ever made suggested I get this amp. I have medium op pick ups, Suhr guitars and Fractal Fx8 for effects, and the T-75's in a Marshall 4x12 like Joe uses so I anticipate good things!
Also I have no problem hitting the front of the amp with an OD!

I will keep you posted!

Latest posts