Marshall MA Series

• Thread starter dymlos
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dymlos

Reaction score
i havent seen a thread on these little guys yet i was curious on what people think. I tried one the other day and you really get what you pay for. i didnt like the distortion one bit ( im also going by my jcm900 and my other guitar players dsl100) and well id rather have a mg series to be honest. what do other poeple think?

quick note the red glow is kinda cool >.<

dymlos

Reaction score
i dont know its really a toss up for me i have a MG as a backup amp just in case mine ever goes out and i need it for a show it doesnt sound bad at all

Ken

Reaction score
You can get a used DSL for the price of the MA. Why not get that instead since you didn't like the MA? I agree the MG is only useful in an emergency...

Ken

dugger

Reaction score
All the demos on youtube sound like a ss amp or pedal-like to me. But you know I'm kinda thinking about trying one. How could an all tube amp sound bad?? Probably get stuck again!

dymlos

Reaction score
You can get a used DSL for the price of the MA. Why not get that instead since you didn't like the MA? I agree the MG is only useful in an emergency...

Ken

i wasnt looking to buy just checking out

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just heard one on my lunch break , and they sound like Garbage !!
not a true marshall sound in my opinion , hell the MG next to it sounded
better !!!

I don't like it at all. The tubes in it are not saving it from having bad tone. Sometimes the circuit is the culprit and just because there are tubes doesn't mean it will sound decent.

I'm with you on this one HT.