Marshall MA50C

• Thread starter Cinch
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

StratMatt

Reaction score
I received my new MA50c a couple of weeks ago. It's my first all valve amp having previously used various solid state stuff. For that reason I can't really compare this to any other valve amp but, compared to my old ss amp IT'S FANTASTIC!!! Far more responsive and cuts through the mix better live. I play in a band doing small/ medium sized gigs and it's turned up to around 2 o'clock so no problems with volume. I bought the amp because I wanted that famous Marshall crunch. I play indie rock, not metal, and for this the crunch is excellent. I haven't really tried too hard for a heavier metal type sound but I suspect it's there....I only have the gain turned up to 10 o'clock.

As long a it is reliable (time will tell) I'm well happy with my choice.

:dude:

You must have got lucky! My MA100C is virtually inaudible on the clean channel at 10! The o/d channel is unbelievably noisy, and at gigging volume, there is virtually no tonal difference between crunch & boost, despite the crunch balance being set at around 1 o'clock & the boost at 4 o'clock. The reverb seems to have 2 settings, none & total swamp.
This is not a gigging amp, this is a toy, suitable only for low-volume home use.

StratMatt

Reaction score
The horrible MA100C is no more. The guys at the shop (Guitar Guitar) were very understanding & took it back with minimal fuss.
To anyone considering the MA series, a little simple advice.......DON'T GO ANYWHERE NEAR ONE, THEY ARE TRULY AWFUL.

equilibrium78

Reaction score
Marshall caught on to what other amp builders are doing. Making great pricing amps that are the band for the buck. But MA series to me is not a Marshall amp. This is just my perspective on this series.

JCM1959RR

Reaction score
I just returned a MA50H - It sounded like an MG with tubes - the amp arrived with (2) broken tubes - after 2 minutes it blew a fuse & shut down - I replaced the internal fuse - put in new tubes & biased the amp - the amp sounded terrible - the clean channel was decent - the gain channel with boost was very weak - it was a waste of time/money - just my opinion

Latest posts