Marshall MAJOR 200 REPLICA Project

MajorMan

Reaction score
I´m a german student trying to correct the schematic of the legendary Marshall Major 200.
If everything works as planned, I will build a replica of this amp and make the information available for you to build one for your own.
I´d be very thankfull if you can help me out.
Cheers Jannik:cheers:

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
I´m a german student trying to correct the schematic of the legendary Marshall Major 200.
If everything works as planned, I will build a replica of this amp and make the information available for you to build one for your own.
I´d be very thankfull if you can help me out.
Cheers Jannik:cheers:
Cool! We have the workbench section if you have technical questions you want answered. :yesway:

mAx___

Reaction score
Great project Jannik.
The main problem I found when trying to build a full size Major was the oversized parts that are not readily available anywhere. Chassis, boards, head cabinet, etc. Also, since you mentioned you would be making a replica, some of the components are simply impossible to find. "Door knob" screen resistors, electrolytics, Mains and B+ filter caps of the right size and values, etc. Not to mention cost of the available parts. Just the MM transformers go up to around $900. :)
My advise is (once you correct the schematics) go for a smaller version of the amp. That will save you time and money.
Cheers,
M.