Marshall 200... I Mean Marshall 100 Build (pig 0.5)

danfrank

Reaction score
Thanks, I'm glad you like it. It is a really great sounding amp. The controls take some getting used to... If you adjust one control, the other 2 have to be tweeked a little, but the tonal variations one can get with this amp are wide ranging. I'm crossing my fingers that the sound clips will come out decent and not all garbled like the ones I did with my cell phone.

danfrank

Reaction score
OK, I just got back from delivering the amplifier and I recorded a sound clip that came out pretty good. It's the raw file, no editing:

Soundcloud doesn't do any favors to the quality but they do provide me with a method to let everyone hear this, so: Thanks Soundcloud!

No reverb or echo used, just room acoustics. Most of this was recorded with the master volume dial at "3" or less. Didn't have time to turn all the volumes up up up. Maybe next time.

The guitar used is a 1973 Gibson SG, stock. Pickups are medium outputs, similar to PAFs. Effects used are a Wah and a MXR distortion on a few parts. Too bad he didn't bring his Les Paul because it sounds awesome through this amp!

I didn't use the best microphone but this sure beats the heck out of using a cell phone as the recording device. If you turn up the volume there is a lot of commentary interspersed with guitar playing, but it's all about the PIG!

Enjoy.

Last edited:

RICHARD ROWLEY

Reaction score
Could I ask what B+ value you guys have feeding the preamp?
Just finished a build using 2 KT66 sort of a pigglet haha

danfrank

Reaction score
P.I. supply voltage is 345, and the supply for the 1st 2 preamp tubes is 309 volts, at each respective filter capacitor.

Last edited: