• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Marshall Origin 50H hum

• Thread starter Ruslan S
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The hum is low. I don't find it disturbing. Ronquest points out what's causing it. I can live with it. I forget about it when I start playing and even when I stop. Mostly noticeable when the amp powers on then it fades from my attention. Guitar playing is noisy. I don't hear shit while playing or when I'm done.

Len Biglin

Reaction score
+1.

When it's working.

On the subject of which, can anyone recommend a good amp tech in the Houston / Austin / San Antonio area. I live in Houston but will travel to Austin or San Antonio for the right tech.
Youtube tech "Uncle Doug" is down that way somewhere , He's amazing but possibly busy too .

Reaction score
I can't help but feel your pain!!! I struggled for two months or so with him from my Marshalls. I finally resorted to turning off circuit breakers one at a time to see if I could determine what circuit the hum was coming from. Turned out it was one of those inexpensive refrigerators in my daughters bedroom. The ones that hold like 6 cans of pop. It was plugged into an outlet that tested as a bad Neutral. I got one of the good Furman power strips that also filters emi/rfi, just like I plug my amps into, and the hum all but went away! Another cause was a USB/cell phone charger plugged into a different outlet with a bad ground!

It didn't matter that my amps were plugged into a properly grounded outlet and through the Furman power strip! The noise still came through. Much better now. I hope this helps some.

Latest posts