Marshall replacement faceplates

• Thread starter wallythacker
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wallythacker

Reaction score
Google didn't help much.

Does anyone make replacement Marshall faceplates for the JCM 900, DSL, TSL amp lines?

What I'm doing is taking a DSL 401 chassis out of the combo box and mounting it in a head. Of course the writing will be upside down.

So, I want to put a faceplate on with the correct writing.

THanks

Neurosis

Reaction score
I would imagine you can get one direct from Marshall. They seem to be pretty good at letting us buy spares

blues_n_cues

VIP Member
Reaction score
Google didn't help much.

Does anyone make replacement Marshall faceplates for the JCM 900, DSL, TSL amp lines?

What I'm doing is taking a DSL 401 chassis out of the combo box and mounting it in a head. Of course the writing will be upside down.

So, I want to put a faceplate on with the correct writing.

THanks

:scratch:
so in other words you want an upside down faceplate so it will be right side up when the chassis is installed upside down...
RE:Neurosis-
yeah,I can see Marshall doing that.:lol::applause::lol:

Hogie34

Reaction score
Instead of flipping your chassis inside a DSL head cab, get a top mount head cab . Several of the aftermarket cabinet builders make them. They made one for an MA100c combo I bought for $100 because it was a damaged cabinet. Turned it into a head and gave it to my son. Think you'll be happier that way cause you have to remember, your volume and eq etc will work opposite and backwards if you flip the DSL combo chassis.

blues_n_cues

VIP Member
Reaction score
Instead of flipping your chassis inside a DSL head cab, get a top mount head cab . Several of the aftermarket cabinet builders make them. They made one for an MA100c combo I bought for $100 because it was a damaged cabinet. Turned it into a head and gave it to my son. Think you'll be happier that way cause you have to remember, your volume and eq etc will work opposite and backwards if you flip the DSL combo chassis.

not to mention the constant urge to play Australian music.:D

Ken

Reaction score
The 401 controls do not match the head versions, so you'll have to go the custom route or the top mount.

Ken