Marshall Silver Jubilee 2555 Vs Slash Jubilee 2555sl

• Thread starter Alexhangman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Gourlay83

Reaction score
Follow same schematic, but use different Transformers (which is a big thing IMO) but you do get some nice BIAS input jacks.

I have the old Drake and Dagnal Transformers, and have to Bias the amp the old fashioned way.

Alan

Gourlay83

Reaction score
Ah, there is a difference in my 2555 to another 2555 built in the same year... believe it's got a lot to do with the spec of the diodes (big variances).

All relative though, they're all in the Jubilee tone ball park (including the new re-issues) IMO.

JacksonCharvelAddict

Reaction score
I have never played a 2555sl but I have played a 1988 jubilee and the reissue. I find the reissue to nail the tone of the original. Especially if you use the same tubes in both. I would guess if the 2555x is so close then the 2555sl must be even closer since they used the original schematic and parts.

marshallmellowed

Reaction score
If you don't look at them while you're playing, they sound very similar. However, if you look at them, the 2555x with it's gray tolex and silver front panel makes the tone sound a bit colorless and one dimensional. :)

kustombob

Reaction score
That demo' they all sound quite good. The slash version sounded to me just a tad deeper and was my favorite' But they all sounded very good. Any half ass rocker could make any of them rock.

Alexhangman

Reaction score
That demo' they all sound quite good. The slash version sounded to me just a tad deeper and was my favorite' But they all sounded very good. Any half ass rocker could make any of them rock.
I had AFD100 and then sold it. I didn't like his tone when play live. He sounds good enough only on a record, but live it's a bad tone for me.

plexilespaul

Reaction score
The Slash Jubilee sounded deeper as Kustombob said & was my fave, i thought the AFD sounded like ass.
I have the original jubilee and had the slash 2555 . sold the slash and kept the jubilee.
from my experience they were very similar .
still the jubilee has a more complex tone to it ... in a league of it's own kind a thing.

Last edited:

dreyn77

Reaction score
Tuned by slash's ears. It's what he wanted to hear from the design.
These slash models should, by now, be very expensive and highly sort after.
Be committed to your generations music! The baby boomers are totally ruthless in this area.