Marshall Silver Jubilee

• Thread starter rjtm
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ddaxe

Reaction score
I use my Jub all the time.. has never let me down... and as for sounding as close to the songs we cover... I don't take much stock in doing that... We like to give it our own little twist... but here's a clip of what my jube sounds like just some noodling around

http://soundcloud.com/ddaxe/jube-tone

rjtm

Reaction score
Ok thanks everyone, I decided I'm gonna most likely buy a silver jubilee 2550 or 2555, whichever I can get a better deal on, and find a good OD pedal with it.

V-man

Reaction score
Ok thanks everyone, I decided I'm gonna most likely buy a silver jubilee 2550 or 2555, whichever I can get a better deal on, and find a good OD pedal with it.

Hard to go wrong with that plan. Moving Air has a good suggestion about "clean boosts" as well, since the Jubilee has phenominal tone out of the box. You should probably do some research on a forum with a bigger pedal discussion than we have here for the best clean boosts.

I am waiting on a Tim for my dedicated clean boost, which has been the cat's ass in the recent past, yet not completely dismissed as the flavor of the week like many "fad" pedals. The Tim is an established design, engineered around a vintage Marshall Super Bass, so it has some out-of-box compatability with the British sound, but it was voiced for non-master volume amps with tons of headroom, so it may sound amazing on my JCM Super Bass, but not so great on my 2550. (I'm on a waitlist until sep. to get mine).

Snakeface

Reaction score
I use my Jub all the time.. has never let me down... and as for sounding as close to the songs we cover... I don't take much stock in doing that... We like to give it our own little twist... but here's a clip of what my jube sounds like just some noodling around

Jube Tone by ddaxe on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

I loved all your tracks and that singer is fu*king good, I put them on replay multiple times, very good job and the tone is really good....I'm wondering what did you use to boost the jubilee and your settings....thx :headbanger:

rjtm

Reaction score
If you guys could put clips of u playing ur jubilees it wud be great (preferrably overdrive channel)

jcmjmp

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf-67QLsnqM]YouTube - ‪Lonely is the word‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV7QGJW8_U8&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL]YouTube - ‪Dio's Sacred Heart - Guitar Solo‬‏[/ame]

Both are the jubilee, Ibanez Jem with Dimarzio PAF Pros, Japanese BOSS SD-1.
Lonely is the word is mostly no boost except for the solo.
Sacred Heart is with boost.

ddaxe

Reaction score
I loved all your tracks and that singer is fu*king good, I put them on replay multiple times, very good job and the tone is really good....I'm wondering what did you use to boost the jubilee and your settings....thx :headbanger:

Hey Thanks Snake... I'm gonna post some more as we finish the final tracks.. on about 6 more songs... (as u know very time consuming) Ya our singer has a set of pipes for sure.. the only reason why we can cover stuff like Boston, Journey, Nazareth, Rush...many players can play it.. but you need a vocalist who has the range and we are very fortunate to have him, as for the boost on the Jub, I use a Boss GT10 and have the Jub set on the gain channel and use the Pre-amp (1959 Marshall) on the GT10 just to give it some extra balls, the Jub settings are 10 on the bass, 5 on the mids and 5 on the treble, the input and lead masters are dimed and the volume is cranked to 6 but I hold it back with the GT, Lately,I have been screwing around with stereo with my AVT delaying the signal to one amp by 30ms and using the OD1 on the AVT with it's gain on 4 and the reverb at about 5 bass 5 mids 5 treble 5 volume at 5 and use the GT effects volume to keep the amps matched... to say the least, a very cool tone... and they will show up on the next batch of tunes... again thanks...... oh ya.. btw I'm using a 1960 Lester reissue

Snakeface

Reaction score
Thanks! That's a lot of fun to play the Dio stuff. Lonely Is The Word was pretty much improvised.

Lonely Is The Word kicked major ASS !!!...both of you and ddaxe have earned more than my respect..and ddaxe , I'm waiting on those other 6 tracks !!! :)

ddaxe

Reaction score
Thanks! That's a lot of fun to play the Dio stuff. Lonely Is The Word was pretty much improvised.

That is cool.. there are songs that need you to play the solos note for note eg Crazy Train would sound funny improved... but other tunes you can do that..

mallcorn

Reaction score
That question was already answered.

They're the SAME amp. one is 50w and the other is 100w. The tone is identical but one has more headroom and 3 db more output.

JCMJMP - Is your amp a 2555 or 2550? It sounds like if you desire a clean-ish sound as well as a really good crunch sound, you should get a 2555. Would this assumption be accurate?

jcmjmp

Reaction score
JCMJMP - Is your amp a 2555 or 2550? It sounds like if you desire a clean-ish sound as well as a really good crunch sound, you should get a 2555. Would this assumption be accurate?

I have the 50w 2550.

358461991.jpg

Never had any issues with the clean, even with a loud band.

Hollowbody

Reaction score
so what would the best pedal be for boosting the jubilee?

This is the question after your last question.:)

I play Jazz, Blues, Pop and some Mahavisnu Orchestra meets Derek Trucks type stuff.

I use a 2550 through a 2X12 and a Dr. Z Carmen Ghia through a 2X12. For me this is the perfect combination.

I use two dist pedals. One is a (borrowed) Hermida Zendrive and a the other is a Mad Professor Honeydrive, not the expensive one.

I cascade, the guitar goes into the honedrive with just a little dirt then it goes into the zendrive and that adds just a little more distortion. Then I have the choice of which channel on the Marshall I want to combine it with, only one on the Dr. Z amp but it works out. My tone always has a combination of clean and dist or clean with a little od or somewhere inbetween.

Real smooth overdrive when the gain stages are stepped up slowly but I don't think it would be a benefit to do more than 2 pedals.

I have also tried this with a keeley Luna Drive and a TS-9 clone but I had to give those back.

I may just be a cheap bastard.

richedie

Reaction score
How gainy or saturated are the Jubilees? How about the clean channel? I like a clean with a little bit of grit. How about the loop?
I was going to just get a Splawn Streetrod but an old Jubilee is tempting.

rjtm

Reaction score
Haha this is funny because I made this post like 4 months ago and now I have a jubilee. Now you can have input from a person who was asking some of the same questions a few months ago.

I play mostly hard rock, and I need a good amount of gain. They can get pretty gainy at high volumes, and for low volumes you can pick up an SD-1. The cleans are good, and have a little grit, and you could also use the volume on your guitar to clean it up (the jube unfortunately doesnt have separate volumes for each channel). I havent tried the loop, but I will in a few days and Ill let you know. The tone is awesome

jupiter89

Reaction score
This thread is great. Just got a Jube and the thread is a great help in getting to know this amp. It may have it's short comings ( I think every amp does because there isn't one that can do it all ). However, the tone on this is amazing !

Snakeface

Reaction score
I have 2 favorite boost/dirt pedals with the Jubilee :

1. A Boss GE-7 with a mid boost and a slight level boost in front of the amp...transparent, adds a lot of gain and makes it thicker, warmer

2. MXR ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive...great overdrive pedal, without a doubt, it gives you that ZW tone