Marshall Studio JTM ST20 - buzzing sound / rattle.

• Thread starter Takvor
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Takvor

Reaction score
Hello to all. Recently I bought a Marshall Studio JTM ST20 combo version. It made a huge buzzing (rattling) sound on some frequencies. The shop said that the amp was faulty and it was replaced with a new one. The new amp is buzzing on almost all the same frequencies (notes).

Has anyone experienced the same issue?

Is this something to be expected?

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

LAR694

Reaction score
Hello to all. Recently bought a Marshall jtm 20 combo version. It made a huge buzzing (rattling) sound at some frequencies. The shop said that the amp was faulty and it was replaced with a new one. The new amp is buzzing at almost the same frequencies (notes). Has anyone experienced the same issue? Is this something to be expected? Thanks you in advanced.
I went through exactly the same issue. I sent the first one back-second one has the same rattle/buzz. I had the store send me replacement power tubes. Replaced both power tubes and no more rattle. Good luck!

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely not right, I would return that one too.

It’s the same kind of rattle, in two different Jtm combos, from the same store? :hmm: Sometimes combos rattle, one of the reasons why I prefer heads.

No way you should spend that kind of money and have a rattle, return it and get the head and a cab would be my advice.

LAR694

Reaction score
This is what I found in mine-I reseated all tubes and replaced the power tubes. I also sent an email to Marshall including pics and a sound clip to make them aware of what I found. I suspect rough handling/shipping to be the cause.
IMG_50240.jpg

Takvor

Reaction score
Absolutely not right, I would return that one too.

It’s the same kind of rattle, in two different Jtm combos, from the same store? :hmm: Sometimes combos rattle, one of the reasons why I prefer heads.

No way you should spend that kind of money and have a rattle, return it and get the head and a cab would be my advice.
Thank you for your answer. Yes, it was bought and replaced from the same store.

Last edited:

lpd

Reaction score
I would venture to guess its output tubes. Replace and see if the rattle disappears!

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would venture to guess its output tubes. Replace and see if the rattle disappears!
Good thought, but before you buy new tubes, check that the current ones are seated properly.

Takvor

Reaction score
Checked if tubes are seated properly, changed the power tubes, but the rattling/buzzing sound is still happening. :mad:

Kess

Reaction score
Checked if tubes are seated properly, changed the power tubes, but the rattling/buzzing sound is still happening. :mad:
Did you ever figure this out? I have the exact issue. Replaced the power tubes and it’s still there

Last edited: