Marshall Tribute Concert

• Thread starter Username2
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Ha, heck that's even better yet. Hate concerts in big arenas like that anyways.

Didn't know there were two Wembley's.

If it makes you feel any better, neither did I ... and had I been you, there's a good chance everyone would be making fun of me in October after starting a thread about how I wound up at the wrong venue wondering where everybody was! :lol:

Username2

Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better, neither did I ... and had I been you, there's a good chance everyone would be making fun of me in October after starting a thread about how I wound up at the wrong venue wondering where everybody was! :lol:

Good thing it's right next to the stadium. Last thing I want to do is get lost.

gdh1532

Reaction score
Contrary to what people think Marshall does not give away amps to artists either. They might get them at a very good price but not free. As you might imagine there are contract and copyright issues to be worked out for each artist to perform.

Some of them got free amps, or speaker cabinets.

We have a local guitar guru, that got a 100W full stack, that was part of an edorsment deal with his guitars he also got.. Not sure if Marshall gave him the amp, or the guitar maker might have bought it for him.. I do know he got all new gear.

Same with Dimebag Darrell, That is how I picked up that randall amp, he got a complete new rig, sold off a bunch of his old stuff, for pretty cheap. Of course that doesn't really apply cause the amps weren't marshalls

brp

Reaction score
Regardless of where it is, you guys who are attending are going to have one hell of a great time ... I'm stoked for the pictures / video you guys bring back home w/you!

+1
And I agree that it'll be a better show to witness being at the arena rather than the stadium.

Username2

Reaction score
Some of them got free amps, or speaker cabinets.

We have a local guitar guru, that got a 100W full stack, that was part of an edorsment deal with his guitars he also got.. Not sure if Marshall gave him the amp, or the guitar maker might have bought it for him.. I do know he got all new gear.

The "free stack" had of have come from the endorsement company. Like I said, Marshall does not give away their amps with exceptions being contests or chairty.

Nic9981

Reaction score
The "free stack" had of have come from the endorsement company. Like I said, Marshall does not give away their amps with exceptions being contests or chairty.

If Jimi Hendrix had to pay for his amps I'm pretty sure everyone else does too!!!

rich24a

Reaction score
I'll be there, and I believe John C will be there as well... Should be a great concert! :dude:

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish....

My buddy John Comprix's the lead guitarist for Tim Owens band Beyond Fear. I'd love to see how they're doing. I always support my fellow Ohians (that aren't ball bags)

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah especialy now most endorsement deals are getting gear at cost or at price of parts at best. I had a deal with Madison (now defunct) amps and Schecter back in 06 before i got screwed lol. Now i don't have any deals though. I've been trying to get good on guitar instead and do the solo thing but yeah endorsements aren't USUALY what people think they are. Dime did get $100,000 check and free amps for joining Krank but they were a new company too and needed someone like him to sell their amps. I will say i like the rev Jr.

Nudge68

Reaction score
We should hook up for some brews, right?:cheers: Who's up for some warm beer Pom style?;) I live not too far away (will be there tomorrow for Olympics football), London's not bad for recreational activities.:naughty:

cheers,

Matt.