• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

matamp or laney???

• Thread starter Danielcordon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Danielcordon

Reaction score
Im looking for a new valve amp. i have tried a laney lionheart 410 and tried out a minimat 3g and a 2x12 matamp cab. i like both but cant choose between them... has anyone got one of either? what do you think of them? are they worth the money??

thanks

stump

Reaction score
I've played the Lionheart 410 and it sounds great. Not very loud through the stock speakers, they are not very efficient at 96dB I think, but through a 212 loaded with 100+dB speakers it was fine. It's not a high gain amp and is definitely vintage tone. Build quality is very good. The effects loop does not do well with stomp box effects. I would get a head version, IMO, as the 410 is really heavy. Hope this helps. Good luck.

aryasridhar

Reaction score
Lionheart series of amps are really awesome, you cant go wrong with the amp in terms of tone or value for money, they are superb in terms of build quality too....Laney it is for me!!!!!!!

Danielcordon

Reaction score
Whoa!
Sorry dude, I was asking if you're into stoner rock. I took a wild guess cuz of the amps you were asking about.
You could use a little man :hippie:

okay but i wasnt using a attitude.. i was genuinely just asking if you had a view... :)

SmokeyDopey

VIP Member
Reaction score
okay but i wasnt using a attitude.. i was genuinely just asking if you had a view... :)

Sorry, it seemed like it (hard to tell when typed), but I was just being playful, no worries.
I never tried the amps mentioned, but I asked to see what sound you were looking for, to help narrow it down. Hopefully others that did try these amps can pitch in.:fingersx:

Danielcordon

Reaction score
Sorry, it seemed like it (hard to tell when typed), but I was just being playful, no worries.
I never tried the amps mentioned, but I asked to see what sound you were looking for, to help narrow it down. Hopefully others that did try these amps can pitch in.:fingersx:

well pink floyd, lynyrd skynyrd, hendrix, led zeppelin, the who and peter frampton and loads more but that might help..... and i get what you mean, its hard to tell when people are typing it out...

JayCM800

Reaction score
well pink floyd, lynyrd skynyrd, hendrix, led zeppelin, the who and peter frampton and loads more but that might help....
jhles.jpg

:dude::dude::dude: :naughty::naughty::naughty:

scirocco guy

Reaction score
Check out a Laney AOR Pro Tube on fleabay. There's been a glut of them and they're cheap right now. I picked up a 50W version and it kicks ass! Cascading preamp and all the metal you can handle. I wanted to give one a try, since I remember these as being the "hot" thing in my senior year of high school in 1983 out here in L.A. All the big hair metal bands were getting the Laney.
It's a good amp for what it is. I like it for its contribution to rock at that period of time. Try it, what the hell.

Danielcordon

Reaction score
Check out a Laney AOR Pro Tube on fleabay. There's been a glut of them and they're cheap right now. I picked up a 50W version and it kicks ass! Cascading preamp and all the metal you can handle. I wanted to give one a try, since I remember these as being the "hot" thing in my senior year of high school in 1983 out here in L.A. All the big hair metal bands were getting the Laney.
It's a good amp for what it is. I like it for its contribution to rock at that period of time. Try it, what the hell.

Thanks, I've been trying to find one but I can't find one I can try but I'll stay on the look out.