Metal tone?? Marshall jcm 800 2204 with bogner burnley!

Metal tone??

• yes

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • no

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • maybe

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score
I think the singer needs to quit or get some lessons!

The guitar tone is ok.

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score
i dont know that i can call that a true metal tone though.
not todays metal. GnR, sabbath, Maiden, even that stuff really isnt metal by todays standards.
its hard rock.
I gotcha and sort of agree, but I call it classic metal, like classic rock. Not sure if I'd change the actual genre of Sabbath from metal to rock. Just label it as classic so peeps know it's older metal for old fucks like me. Lol

Edgar Frog

Reaction score
i dont know that i can call that a true metal tone though.
not todays metal. GnR, sabbath, Maiden, even that stuff really isn't metal by todays standards.
its hard rock.

GnR have always been Hard Rock, Maiden and Sabbath were and always will be Metal. I would consider the style of TS's song more Hard Rock but more the style from late 90's-2000's that I really don't know how to classify that I could just never get into. It's not that it's bad it's just not a style I dig. I'm on the boat that classic Hard Rock and Metal are still Hard Rock and Metal no matter how old they get. We can't forget our roots. :)

Edgar Frog

Reaction score
It sounds good to me no matter how you classify it. I have no issue with the vocals either. If you want to dissect it put up isolated guitar. Sounds good in the mix.

The vocals remind me a little of some of the vocals of Roxxi Catalano from De La Cruz (Australia) and Catalano, whom I really like. He's got a great vocal range.

Last edited:

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
It sounds good to me no matter how you classify it. I have no issue with the vocals either. If you want to dissect it put up isolated guitar. Sounds good in the mix.
It sounds like what we called metal in the early 80’s . And the vocals are spot on for the drive of the tune.
Great work @sectado ..
Cheers
Mitch

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score
Thought the singer sounded good personally.

Those vocals are way off pitch. No offense to the op but they're bad. Sure, he's singing in tune with himself, but not with the rest of the band. Everything else is great.

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I probably shouldn’t even respond to this thread,…. but what the he!!. I’m not a Metal fan in any respect, just so you know.

I guess the tone is ok,… considering the purpose. It’s not a tone I would use, but as I said before, I’m not a fan of the music.
:cheers: