Metal tone?? Marshall jcm 800 2204 with bogner burnley!

Metal tone??

• yes

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • no

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • maybe

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

Marshallmadness

Reaction score
I thought it sounded good through some good speakers. Nice crunchy full rhythm sound. I’ve got a 81 2204 with the JJ E34L’s and new F&T capacitors. That thing boosted and a JB loaded les Paul will give metal tone to die for. Serious old school Marshall metal tricks that’s kind of a lost art these days.

sectado

Reaction score
uuuu a lot of comment we have here!!! thanks to all!!

Yes, very metal. What's the tuning though?

thanks you so much!! @TheToneDig its on Drop Db!

It sounds like what we called metal in the early 80’s . And the vocals are spot on for the drive of the tune.
Great work @sectado ..
Cheers
Mitch

thanks u so much mitch!!! @Mitchell Pearrow

Thought the singer sounded good personally.

For me too!!! thanks!! @Ufoscorpion

Sounds good - nothing wrong with the singer. Speaking of Sabbath, this reminds me a bit of Iommi's collaboration with Glenn Hughes.
The double kick section and focus on palm mute heavy riffs crosses the line from hard rock to metal IMO

thanksss!!! @OriginOfTheSpecies

It's a good metal tone!

niceee maaan!!! thanks!!! @Solid State

thats a guy singing?

Its a Female Singer!

I probably shouldn’t even respond to this thread,…. but what the he!!. I’m not a Metal fan in any respect, just so you know.

I guess the tone is ok,… considering the purpose. It’s not a tone I would use, but as I said before, I’m not a fan of the music.
:cheers:

Nice to read thaaat!!! thanks!! @scozz

I thought it sounded good through some good speakers. Nice crunchy full rhythm sound. I’ve got a 81 2204 with the JJ E34L’s and new F&T capacitors. That thing boosted and a JB loaded les Paul will give metal tone to die for. Serious old school Marshall metal tricks that’s kind of a lost art these days.

Nice Gear maaaan!! i want to hear your tone or with a photo im ok too!!! thank u!!! @Marshallmadness
but you still have fans here as well bro. :cheers:

hahahahh love this thread!! @ricksdisconnected

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score
i dont know that i can call that a true metal tone though.
not todays metal. GnR, sabbath, Maiden, even that stuff really isnt metal by todays standards.
its hard rock.

I gotcha and sort of agree, but I call it classic metal, like classic rock. Not sure if I'd change the actual genre of Sabbath from metal to rock. Just label it as classic so peeps know it's older metal for old fucks like me. Lol

What would you consider Soulflys album "Savages"?

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score
I REALLY don't care for "modern" metal. Only 80s metal is true metal. This newer stuff is something different.

What brand of 80s metal are you referring to, Poison/Motley Crue or Megadeth/Overkill?

Either way though, the newer stuff is different.

Sapient

 
Reaction score
Voice is fine. It's dry. It's probably the OP so be nice. :nono:

The guitar sound is simply universal between Metal/Hard Rock. Too much for "Rock" though.

Arrangement is nice too, OP.

:yesway: