mg 100 with a jenson c12k 4 ohm speaker made in italy

• Thread starter old lefty
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

old lefty

Reaction score
i ran into a mg 100 at a music store i have played thru these several times before i have never heard such a blast of sound with the special design celestion this amp was kinda lame but this thing is a beast it had a partial back on it like an old fender tube amp probably because of the sound reversion and pressure anybody use these speakers? paid $ 100 for it

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
i ran into a mg 100 at a music store i have played thru these several times before i have never heard such a blast of sound with the special design celestion this amp was kinda lame but this thing is a beast it had a partial back on it like an old fender tube amp probably because of the sound reversion and pressure anybody use these speakers? paid $ 100 for it
I built a 1x12 cab for my MG100hdfx when I had one, guess what speaker I chose, a Jensen C12K, its a good match for that amp, provides lots of mids to help with the scooped nature of the amp. I dont have the amp any more but I still use the speaker and cab with my Gallien Krueger bass amp. :yesway:

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The ouput chips on the solidstate avt, and mg marshalls don't seem like 4ohm loads for very long. Be aware.

old lefty

Reaction score
The ouput chips on the solidstate avt, and mg marshalls don't seem like 4ohm loads for very long. Be aware.
the mg 100 dfx i got is a 2006 the output is 4ohms so is the jenson that someone put in it. i got a dead valvestate sittin with fried output chips