MG15FX headphone to mixer bad quality

• Thread starter alexter
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

alexter

Reaction score
Hi,
I just bought this amp because I was looking for a model with the headphone or line out to send the sound to a very basic mixer (ALLWIN mh400) but the sound that get trough it is very bad, lot of bass tones and totally different than what I can hear without sending anything to the mixer itself.

If I use the same headphones that I use for the mixer’s output, but connected directly to the amp the sound is not bad, or at least very similar to the original sound.

Why such a difference? Any way to solve this issue? I’m currently thinking of returning either the amp or the mixer …

Thanks!
Alessandro

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t have any suggestions for you but I thought I’d give your thread a bump here.

Maybe if you post it in the “workbench” section, you might get responses.

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I just bought this amp because I was looking for a model with the headphone or line out to send the sound to a very basic mixer (ALLWIN mh400) but the sound that get trough it is very bad, lot of bass tones and totally different than what I can hear without sending anything to the mixer itself.

If I use the same headphones that I use for the mixer’s output, but connected directly to the amp the sound is not bad, or at least very similar to the original sound.

Why such a difference? Any way to solve this issue? I’m currently thinking of returning either the amp or the mixer …

Thanks!
Alessandro
If headphones in the headphone jack sound "not bad", I'd guess it's not a headphone jack problem.
Perhaps the MG headphone output is not what the mixer is designed to use for an input.
Does the miner manual state the input parameters?
Does that match with the MG headphone out signal?

KraftyBob

Reaction score
I recently picked up an MG30DFX for cheap to repair and resell. Got it working then tried it with headphones. Absolutely shit tone - thought something was wrong with it. After checking online it seems to be the consensus that this is typical for these amps. Not sure why, but when I sell it I'll be sure to let the buyer know not to plan on using the headphone unless they keep the volume extremely low. Anything above that sucks.

Frodebro

Reaction score
I’ve never had good results trying to use headphone outputs for line outs, but sometimes you can get things reasonably decent with some careful EQing. Don’t expect to dial in a good tone through the amp itself and have it translate well to a direct signal sound, try dialing it in while monitoring it through the mixer and headphones.

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve never had good results trying to use headphone outputs for line outs, but sometimes you can get things reasonably decent with some careful EQing. Don’t expect to dial in a good tone through the amp itself and have it translate well to a direct signal sound, try dialing it in while monitoring it through the mixer and headphones.
My Bugera G5 Infinium has a great headphone e-out, by all measures,… the best I’ve ever heard. They have excellent sound quality and offer a choice between an emulated 4-12 cab or a 2-12 cab.

My experience with every other headphone jack, on a guitar amp,… pales in comparison.

Does anyone use that saying anymore?

alexter

Reaction score
If headphones in the headphone jack sound "not bad", I'd guess it's not a headphone jack problem.
Perhaps the MG headphone output is not what the mixer is designed to use for an input.
Does the miner manual state the input parameters?
Does that match with the MG headphone out signal?
The mixer’s input only parameter is the resistance, specifically 10 KOhm…

I cannot find details about the headphones output parameters….

Thanks!
Alessandro

JohnH

Reaction score
I think the small Mg's often include a cab-sim circuit to make a small speaker sound bigger and bassier. But if fed into a full-range system, it's then maybe not sounding balanced. My older Mg10 is like that, and I'd expect Mg15 is similar.

Latest posts