• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Mg50dfx - No Sound Comes Out !

Lasgo7

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I am new on this forum which seems perfect for my question :)

I have recently put my hands back on my high school amplifier: a Marshall MG50DFX. Great sound, it used to have!
But now that I bought a brand new guitar, and plugged it in... well, no sound comes out ! Such a frustration.

Your help would be greatly appreciated !!

Here is how it goes:
- when connected to electrical supply, it turns ON = the LED is activated, the fan starts to run
- without using headphones = when using the loudspeaker : no sound at all comes out
- when using headphones: sound comes out, either I am using the guitar directly, or a MP3 connected at the back.

Soooo, my conclusions are :
- no electronic in the main PCB is damaged
- problem comes from the loudspeaker, either the loudspeaker directly or the connections to it, etc.

What do you think ? I soooo want to hear some good crunchy sound coming out of it :p

Arnaud

Attachments

• 20161019_223950.jpg
    20161019_223950.jpg
    763.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 20161019_225146.jpg
    20161019_225146.jpg
    876 KB · Views: 10

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Probably cost you more to fix it over just buying another one used. You get sound through the headphone so the amp works, check your speaker wire on both ends.

ampmadscientist

Reaction score
From what you told us so far:
Bad headphone jack.
or blown speaker. Try another speaker, try another speaker cable.

Headphone jack-
it contains switches that disconnect the speaker when headphones are plugged in.
This jack fails, it's a known issue.
Likely you need a new headphone jack. The switch contacts in the jack have failed.

http://elektrotanya.com/marshall_mg50dfx_sch.pdf/download.html

Latest posts