MHD Pickups - Are they alive?

• Thread starter jcmjmp
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jcmjmp

Reaction score
I've been waiting on completing a deal with MHD Pickups since April 3rd and I was supposed to get a refund.... but I'm still waiting for it and MHD hasn't been responding via email or PM through the forum. :confused:

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
I was wondering that too. I had issues getting through on here as well and it was because Rayne was moving etc but, ElJeffe may have to help you out man.

V-man

Reaction score
You got me. I was one of the guys who took advantage of the $125 pair. I was getting one set for my FR-equipped guitar then another set (standard-sized) pending approval from the ears. They weren't set up to wind for 53mm pups at the moment, but that would soon be rectified, the price would remain in effect, and he would let me know when they could wind 53mm. That was months ago, and I haven't heard anything since.

jcmjmp

Reaction score
I've been waiting for my refund for 2 weeks. I originally bought the pickup back on April 3rd :(

nedcronin

Reaction score
I love my pickup that I got but they took way too long to ship it. And it was implied that turn around time was reasonable, but I waited 5-6 weeks to get my pup and I think I got mine faster than many. It was worth the wait though. I think getting a refund out of a new startup company is like getting blood from a stone. They have to sell three pups to new customers to come up with the cash to fund the refund. I hope they are still around because despite the hangups they make some real quality pups.

66 galaxie

VIP Member
Reaction score
Jcm, I hope it works out for you. It seems like your getting the short end of the stick on a few fronts.

I do have to say Rayne was very cool to deal with and although it took a while to get my pickups, they are killer. I told him I wanted some single coils that were as close to a humbucker as possible, but still have the ability to clean up. They nailed it.

Anyway, best of luck jcm, I'm sure they will take care of you. :fingersx:

jcmjmp

Reaction score
Jcm, I hope it works out for you. It seems like your getting the short end of the stick on a few fronts.

Yeah, I've had a few bad deals recently two of which are on this forum, but on a positive note, I got my BK 707 tube tester working and calibrated.

66 galaxie

VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've had a few bad deals recently two of which are on this forum, but on a positive note, I got my BK 707 tube tester working and calibrated.

I saw that... too bad. At last your keeping a good attitude about it.
Do you buy the nos tubes also?

thetragichero

Reaction score

i believe john benson told me awhile ago he's setup to wind any type of pickups
i know this doesn't help money you've already spent, but the longest i've ever had to wait is like a month

captcoolaid

Reaction score
I have been busy as shit. I have not been on any forums except to tp give shipping inf. JCM I have not recieved a single Email from you in the last 2 weeks. I lost power for a few days and the net for about a week. I am slowly trying to climb out of the shit right now.

JCM send me an email and I will send you a paypal refund. I have some money hitting in the next day or so. I have done 0 sales so that I can catchup. I over commited and have a made a ton of mistakes as an owner operator. Some do to over sales some to back order parts. Sorry for the delays. But I am trying to get back to square one right now. Again JCM send me an email.

jcmjmp

Reaction score
I have been busy as shit. I have not been on any forums except to tp give shipping inf. JCM I have not recieved a single Email from you in the last 2 weeks. I lost power for a few days and the net for about a week. I am slowly trying to climb out of the shit right now.

Rayne - Thanks for getting back to me. I did not send you an email in the last 2 weeks, but I did before that, inquiring about what was going on.

TX-Joe

Reaction score

JCM send me an email and I will send you a paypal refund. I have some money hitting in the next day or so. I have done 0 sales so that I can catchup. I over commited and have a made a ton of mistakes as an owner operator. Some do to over sales some to back order parts. Sorry for the delays. But I am trying to get back to square one right now. Again JCM send me an email.

When you get caught up and and are taking orders again please let us know.

I love my HDB's and will be ready to order another pickup.

Moose Coghill

Reaction score
Moose Hut Studio - Amherst, VA 24521 - USA
I do remember him telling me about his computer crapping out a few weeks back. I had the same thing happen with my Internet machine last week. If he receives his e-mails through Outlook or Outlook Express and they were not backed up - he lost them all.

jcmjmp

Reaction score
I do remember him telling me about his computer crapping out a few weeks back. I had the same thing happen with my Internet machine last week. If he receives his e-mails through Outlook or Outlook Express and they were not backed up - he lost them all.

Not necessarily because the emails can still be stored on the server (in most cases). Also, if the computer didn't retrieve them because it was down, they would definitely still be on the server. Thirdly, he has a gmail account. That's completely independent from his computer and that mail can be retrieved from anywhere. Regardless, I sent multiple messages via email & via the forum.

I just hope everything works out. Its been 4 months already.

Status
Not open for further replies.