• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Modded Ds1 V/s Vox Satchurator

• Thread starter HOT TUBES 70
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HOT TUBES 70

Reaction score
Hmmm.... Immediatly my thoughts went to 'i wonder how close the guts are inside.' Have you opened up the Satchurator yet Hot Tubes!? Gut shots!

No ! i have not , but i have seen pics off the net . Its all SMD style circuit
board , and double sided to boot . this is the way of the future weather we
like it or not .

I am thinking about buying a small machine that uses small blasts of steam to loosen the semiconductors from the boards on those style of boards etc . It
is a very safe method of removing components , no extra heat to damage other very heat sensitive parts , regular soldering iron could damage the board ......:hmm: If we are going to continue to mod pedals down the road , this will be a must have unit imo ..

Bieling3

Reaction score
Update:

Just got an improvement in the Satchurator's tone by adding my new Boss TU-3 to the first position in the chain. Before I had it set up;

Angry Troll (true bypass) --> Satchurator (buffered)--> Amp

now I have it:

Boss TU-3 (buffered) -->Angry Troll (true bypass) --> Satchurator (buffered)--> Amp

There has been a very subtle change for the better in fullness. Maybe having the true bypass first in the chain was slowing things down a bit. I do use rather long instrument cables...