• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Mojave Ampworks???

• Thread starter chuckelator
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

chuckelator

Reaction score
Looking through my copy of "The Tube Amp Handbook", There is a small section on Mojave Ampworks, that I didn't pay too much attention to the first time through that book.

WOW, After seeing the shot of the insides of the Coyote, I can honestly say, I've never seen such clean wiring inside an amp before!

This is a shot of their Plexi 45, obviously a take on the Marshall Plexi, with power scaling.

This kind of attention to detail is really inspiring, and certainly shouldn't go un noticed.

plexi45-01.jpg

and the Coyote.

coyote-03.jpg

Last edited:

Hollowbody

Reaction score
Mojave amps are badass. I was going to get one but ended getting a Dr. Z (also has excellent craftmanship). It blends well with my Marshall. I'm a low to medium gain player so it worked out for me but seeing these pics makes me want to revisit the idea.

chuckelator

Reaction score
Mojave amps are badass. I was going to get one but ended getting a Dr. Z (also has excellent craftmanship). It blends well with my Marshall. I'm a low to medium gain player so it worked out for me but seeing these pics makes me want to revisit the idea.

Dr. Z amps give me a hard on to be honest. I've wanted one in the worst way for a very long time.

But Mojave's Dirty Boy model has a built in Variac...I mean...WHO DOES THAT?!? And bias adjustment on the front panel of the head, and a feedback control. Things obviously not for the un initiated, but VERY cool features.

chuckelator

Reaction score
Immaculate work!

Exactly what I though, and seeing that, and that they're willing to put pics of the innards of their amps on their site shows that they have a true confidence in their product, that it's the best work they're capable of, and as a potential buyer, I know that I'm getting a quality product.

If I had the cash, I'd buy a Sidewinder in a HEARTBEAT, and I've never even heard the damn thing in person!

Wycked Lester

Reaction score
ive been gassin' for a dirtyboy for 10 years ....but they are soo expensive. I contacted alex saraceno back in like '98 [pre mojave] and he said he could build me one for 5000 bux,....i tried to meake it happen,...no luck. Anyway, now they are about 3600 thru mojave. I've always got my eye out for a used one...