Mojotone 5 Lug Rocker Switch Problem

• Thread starter ChristianTownsend
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ChristianTownsend

Reaction score
The rocker switch light on my '79 JMP went out recently so I ordered the "5 lug" replacement switch from Mojotone and replaced it. New switch works fine but doesn't light up when in the "on" position...

Here's a pic of the original switch before I pulled it out:

qs6yq0.jpg

Here's the original switch after being removed:

opuybb.jpg

And here's the new switch installed:

2rzwfit.jpg

Anyone have any ideas about what might be going on?:scratch::scratch::scratch:

VanR

Reaction score
Hard to say without seeing it in person, but on the pic of the old switch it appears the tabs are pointing to the left and on the new switch the tabs are pointing right. Do you have the switch upside down or are the terminals numbered the same as the old switch?

I believe you have the switch upside down. Sorry the more I look at it the more confused I get.

ChristianTownsend

Reaction score
Hard to say without seeing it in person, but on the pic of the old switch it appears the tabs are pointing to the left and on the new switch the tabs are pointing right. Do you have the switch upside down or are the terminals numbered the same as the old switch?

I believe you have the switch upside down. Sorry the more I look at it the more confused I get.

The switch operates properly (turns the amp "ON" when the bottom portion is pushed and "OFF" when the top portion is pushed). Would it operate properly if it was installed upside down? I don't have it in front of me now to check to see if the lugs are numbered but will open it up again later today and check for numbers.

VanR

Reaction score
The switch operates properly (turns the amp "ON" when the bottom portion is pushed and "OFF" when the top portion is pushed). Would it operate properly if it was installed upside down? I don't have it in front of me now to check to see if the lugs are numbered but will open it up again later today and check for numbers.

Not sure. Perhaps the light is defective.