Mojotone British 800: First Ever Amp Build

• Thread starter Dr Nasty
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dtier

Reaction score
I use a switch to bypass the bulb once things have checked out. Also use a plug in, inline voltage/power/current meter as well. There are several inexpensive ones on the market.

Dr Nasty

Reaction score

She lives!!!!!
Did all my testing today. Everything went off without a hitch. Nothing blew up. Sounds even better than I ever imagined it would.

it is also far and away the lowest noise floor and the loudest amp I've ever played.

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a Jennings Voyager. Favorite guitar I've ever owned. McNelly Sparkletron pickups.

Supposed to sound like filtertrons. I feel like they've got a lot more growl and just a fuller sound to em though.
Thanks, I just thought it was cool looking. I've looked them up and now I think it's very cool!

Dr Nasty

Reaction score
Congrats on the amp build, sorry I got stuck on the guitar. I admit I haven't followed this thread, just popped in and the guitar caught my eye. HNAD!!
Haha you're all good man! It's a real pretty guitar, I don't blame ya a bit.

Saw one of the local shops post it shortly after I finished grad school and I had to have it.

Thank you though! Feels good knowing that ignoring all the warnings and building the jcm800 for my first amp was not a horrible mistake 😅

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you though! Feels good knowing that ignoring all the warnings and building the jcm800 for my first amp was not a horrible mistake 😅
Well, I can relate, I built an amp out of spite about 11 years ago...it's a long story. I didn't know what I was doing, but with some help from a couple of great guys on this forum I was able to pull it off. That amp is still my # 1 and going strong.

Last edited:

Dr Nasty

Reaction score
Well, I can relate, it's a long story but I built an amp out of spite about 11 years ago...it's a long story. I didn't know what I was doing, but with some help from a couple of great guys on this forum I was able to pull it off. That amp is still my # 1 and going strong.
My JC-120 has been my absolute favorite amp for every genre of music for the last year or so but I have a feeling that this guy is quickly going to take its spot as my favorite

Latest posts