• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Mojotone bv vs WGS.

• Thread starter vmathias
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vmathias

Reaction score
Has anyone done a direct comparison between the mojotone BV series and the WGS veteran, retro etc? Thoughts?

thesunship

Reaction score
Has anyone done a direct comparison between the mojotone BV series and the WGS veteran, retro etc? Thoughts?

I had the British vintage 60 watt speakers in a 2x12. I thought the mids were lacking, and it bothered me so I sold them. I replaced them with wgs invaders. I like them much better and have had no desire to change them.

I've heard the bv 25 watts are much better speakers, but I needed the 60 watt pair for my 2x12

jeffb

Reaction score
I've done a direct of the WGS Reaper to the BV30H (years ago). Both are takes on the Celestion G12H30 75hz.

I believe they are probably both made by/parts supplied by Eminence-based on the build/how they look. Eminence and WGS are only about 4 hours apart in KY.

Anyhoo- both were very bright- at least as bright as the Celestion 70th Anni G12Hs, but they were less thick/congested compared to the 70th. However, the BV30H was a much smoother speaker than the Reaper, which was really ratty on top. Neither were "pre broken in", or anything. The Mojotone broke in faster. IME, WGS speakers take freaking forever to break in and lose some of that harshness they have.

I've had a few WGS speakers and in general, not a fan. I'd take a Mojotone version of whatever, any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

EndGame00

Reaction score
I just got a pair of Veteran 30... I like them way better than Celestion V30 when hooked up on a Plexi... I thought the mids on the Veteran 30 are a lot more pleasant, a little "dispersed" v. beamy spikey mids of the V30.... I haven't played it with a band yet, so I don't know how well they handle in the mix....

I have no experience with Mojotone-labled speakers

Latest posts