• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Moro from Finland!

• Thread starter Muovinen
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Muovinen

Reaction score
Greetings!

I've had my first Marshall for only a few weeks but already registered here ;) Took a JMP 2204 (from 1979) for a test run but never returned it, oops. Few weeks later went back to the seller and bought his 1936V cab too. Now I'm going through different tubes and speaker elements and currently running on Tung-Sol/JJ/Siemens NOS and had the other speaker changed to Celestion G12H-75 Creamback. I still wish to tame the upper mids a little and get a bit more oomph out of the low end but I'll take my time.

Seems like a great place for some Marshall info. I did a lot of research before closing the deal on the JMP and this forum helped a lot, thanks!

PS: I'm also a big sucker for Guild guitars!!

120150303_220005.jpg

120150303_215850.jpg

GuildGroup_1680px.jpg

Muovinen

Reaction score
Thanks folks!

Seems like I'll be picking up a JCM 800 Lead 1960 (Vintage 30's) tomorrow for some testing. If it beats my 1936V I'll have to empty my bank account once more and get the 212 sold to compensate.

Any quick points on what to inspect considering that 1960? Was it ever made of MDF like the 1936?

tubes

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome Muovinen.

I don't know anything about that 1960 cab. You might find some information in the Speakers section of the forum.

Hope you stay around for a while. If you like your Guild guitars I'm sure some people here would like to hear more about that.

I noticed your hollow body: I have not owned a hollow guitar for years, kind of want one again...

Muovinen

Reaction score
I'll be happy to talk about Guilds any time! My recents purchase, the S60-D, is missing from the family pic I posted.

Tested the 1960 cab yesterday and it made a big difference on the sound. A lot of the harshness I had with the 1936V is gone and I got a lot more low end like I wished and anticipated. Also tried the "all knobs on 10" setting and couldn't stop smiling and playing :D The 1936V is gonna go on sale. Should be pretty easy to sell 'cause it's like brand spanking new.

Bear R.

Reaction score
Welcome buddy..nice freakin gear man..and yes, a 4x12 will do it everytime...congrats and God Bless ya..Barry..

Latest posts