• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Moving everything into what I will call the "boom boom room", maybe leave the Marshall head/cab/Les Paul in the living room?

• Thread starter JJB79
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JJB79

Reaction score
Considering it's iconicness. I''ve got tons of stuff though which gets kinda messy looking right in the middle of a livingroom. Back in the 80s, apparently the wife of the former owners couldn't want up and down the stairs so they converted one of the bedrooms to a laundry room. Well, I'm converting it back and it's going to become the music room and hopefully clear up the living room.

I was thinking since the Marshall/Les Paul combo is iconic in a way, I'm thinking it might look good simply leaving it out in the living room together?

Edgar Frog

Reaction score
I've always been one to keep everything tucked away out of sight in its own space away from the main living space. I especially want it all out of sight from the main entries where delivery people or strangers could see when at the front door or even coming in the house for whatever reason. I prefer everyone to not have a clue about those sort of things because people suck nowadays. Plus a man cave is so much cooler anyways.

Seven

Reaction score
Considering it's iconicness. I''ve got tons of stuff though which gets kinda messy looking right in the middle of a livingroom. Back in the 80s, apparently the wife of the former owners couldn't want up and down the stairs so they converted one of the bedrooms to a laundry room. Well, I'm converting it back and it's going to become the music room and hopefully clear up the living room.

I was thinking since the Marshall/Les Paul combo is iconic in a way, I'm thinking it might look good simply leaving it out in the living room together?
I just completed something similar by converting a bedroom to a Cabinet Room just for recording purposes. The room is solely dedicated to cabinets and mics. The heads are at the control room approx. 50 feet away. I strongly recommend heavy gauge speaker cables when going remote. The attenuation is real.

Be prepared to monitor the cabinet/s either in headphones a floor monitor or reference monitors, etc. It's not as fun as having amps blasting in the same room when your playing, but it does have other advantages, especially when recording.

Also, an empty room has horrible reflections so it's something that might need addressed. Just carpet on the floor won't have much effect.

Edgar Frog

Reaction score
I just completed something similar by converting a bedroom to a Cabinet Room just for recording purposes. The room is solely dedicated to cabinets and mics. The heads are at the control room approx. 50 feet away. I strongly recommend heavy gauge speaker cables when going remote. The attenuation is real.

Be prepared to monitor the cabinet/s either in headphones a floor monitor or reference monitors, etc. It's not as fun as having amps blasting in the same room when your playing, but it does have other advantages, especially when recording.

Also, an empty room has horrible reflections so it's something that might need addressed. Just carpet on the floor won't have much effect.
I think he's just making a music room, not an isolation room. At least that's what I got from it. :)

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Nothing wrong with amps in the living room.
I have 4 in my living room.
6 in the home office / 3rd bedroom.
3 in the bedroom, because I ran out of other places to put them...

Seven

Reaction score
I think he's just making a music room, not an isolation room. At least that's what I got from it. :)
I think he mentioned leaving the Heads out in a main area of the house so I took the opportunity to share a way to go about it. It's not rocket surgery, but it might have been helpful.

Latest posts