Muswell - Bluesbreaker Copies...

• Thread starter Dogs of Doom
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Beryllium-9

Reaction score
These are pretty cool. I’ll definitely check out the website. A Bluesbreaker is my favor Marshall amp. I’ve owned two 1962HW’s and a 1962RI.

Wonder how different it sounds than my Astoria Classic mounted in a Bluesbreaker cab with two ‘70s Celestion Blackbacks?

View attachment 129358View attachment 129359

Photo before the conversion. I still have the original Astoria cab and Creamback inside.

View attachment 129360
From what I have seen on YT the Astoria seems to kick ass! Seen others bash it, however.. How do you like it with the current set up? Seems like it would be awesome! MV and Blackbacks rock for sure..

jcm800gridlock

Reaction score
I
From what I have seen on YT the Astoria seems to kick ass! Seen others bash it, however.. How do you like it with the current set up? Seems like it would be awesome! MV and Blackbacks rock for sure..
I love it, my favorite amp. I owned all three model Astorias but kept the Classic model. The Classic is K66 powered, 30/5 watts, no Loop, and more old school than the other two model Astoria’s.

The stock Classic combo seemed to have more bottom end that the other two models, that was the deal maker. The Classic will overdrive but it needs to be cranked. I primarily use pedals for gain and the Classic was designed to take pedals well.

Now in the current configuration with the bigger cab and two Celestion and Blackbacks, it has even more bottom end and fullness. Just sounds great and very similar sounding to the two Marshall 1962HW’s Bluesbreakers that I’ve previously owned. Only unlike the 1962HWs, the Astoria’s volume is very manageable at any volume.

My speakers prior to wiring.

D151043E-BD3D-4E55-BE5D-9A28EB005A04.jpeg

Last edited:

patrickihuey

Reaction score
Hm, so they take old stock capacitors and stick their own name on them? I guess that's fair enough as they do "selection" and hopefully figure out that non-polarized caps are in fact polarized (no mumbo jumbo, those axial caps have a polarity, just less pronounced). I'm just wondering what's up with the old spec'd parts - we/they cannot know the original spec apart from what it said on the datasheet. We can buy that now. Maybe they're spec'd like a 60's BB sounds *now*, but that's not quite how they sounded in the 60's. What people seem to overlook sometimes - and I don't mean you, Dogs - is that the players in the 60's used.... gear from the 60's. They didn't hunt down vintage sutff, they used what they could find.

I dig the concept, logo and other design - they look nice! What worries me a bit is that they labeled their caps wrong; mf presumably doesn't stand for the Marshall Forum. Let's assume they mean µF and 'V' for voltage should be a capital.
Nope they are having new caps made to vintage original specs thus the VOS label

PelliX

Reaction score
Nope they are having new caps made to vintage original specs thus the VOS label

Sounds like a bit of the old mojo snakeoil to me, the electrical properties of the component are what matters. If they can pedal that and make money off it, fine by me, of course. At least the design of the amps is snazzy... :)