MXR Prime Distortion

• Thread starter jwebb1970
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks cool, too bad the last thing in the world I need right now (gear) is a distortion pedal. I even just sold my MXR Classic Distortion...I'm kind of regretting it a little.

edit: Correction. :lol: I still have it, doh!!! ...my bad...:eek: I forgot, a lot has happened in the last few weeks. I took it to trade it, but they only wanted to give me $20 for it so I kept it. I was thinking of my Swollen Pickle fuzz that they did give me a good trade on. I was glad to find out I still have it, it's a keeper and I might have a use for it down the road.

Last edited:

jwebb1970

Reaction score
In the videos, it sounds to me like the Custom Badass '78 Distortion w/ the Crunch button engaged. Would not be surprised if this is the case, since the previous MXR GC exclusives were Taiwanese rebrands to existing pedals.

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
In the videos, it sounds to me like the Custom Badass '78 Distortion w/ the Crunch button engaged. Would not be surprised if this is the case, since the previous MXR GC exclusives were Taiwanese rebrands to existing pedals.

If that's the case I don't want one...I returned my '78 a week after I bought it. I seem to be in a minority, but I didn't like it at all.

IMO the Classic Distortion is much better and stacks better with the Classic OD.

blues_n_cues

VIP Member
Reaction score
well that pretty much sucked ass.
it's basically a Chinese Dist+ w/ bad graphics & red paint.

check the 2nd vid @ :08-what's that extra hole on the input side for? :eek2:

blues_n_cues

VIP Member
Reaction score
it just looks weird w/out the plastic trim.
when did they start putting them in the side?

brandoz28

Reaction score
All 9v mxr pedals i have had the power jack on the side. including my ~83 phase 90

blues_n_cues

VIP Member
Reaction score
All 9v mxr pedals i have had the power jack on the side. including my ~83 phase 90

nope. the older ones had them on the front end.
dist+ (including the commander series)
stereo chorus
10 band eq

but then all the ones I've owned were pre '81.none even had lights and the chorus,flanger, & 10 band eq were hardwired units.