MXR Super Bad Ass. Who has one?

• Thread starter House
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

House

Reaction score
Just trying to get some feedback from anyone who has purchased this new pedal from MXR. It's a new take on their already popular "78 Bad Ass" distortion, but with bass, mid and treble contols.

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score
I hated the '78 badass so much I'm terrified to try another. (love the baddass OD though)

Pasloade74

Reaction score
I bought it and returned it a week later. It wasn't bad but it sounded too close to close to my OCD. Wasn't bad for the price. You may want to try the MXR Prime Distortion while your at it.

SRD

Reaction score
I have one and I love it pushing my YJM or the 4212.
I really like that it has more than just a tone knob to dial in the sound you are looking for.

dslman

Reaction score
masterofmorphine92 Great recording ,video,tone, and TALENT ! Keep it up.

Jaymz E

Reaction score
I had the '78 and I didn't care for it at all. I do use the MXR Custom bad ass overdrive (gold box) and the green MXR custom shop overdrive. I use either with a Way Huge pork loin for leads.

dreyn77

Reaction score
I've realised I don't have enough time in the day to look at the old stuff let alone the new dimensions.

Everything MXR is good but the problem is finding out what it's suppose to do and then finding a way to put it into your music style.
I'm still trying to workout what pickups are doing. now I've had to reset most of my guitars string heights to stop buzzing. what I thought was a distortion sound was actually too low action sound. :(

This pedal sounds like the JVM of the pedal overdive world.
It's all good for the pedal maker but for everyone else it's lots of time spend demoing cause the sales dudes have NO idea.

You'll spend 50 hours just searching for where this pedal is suppose to make a difference. that's alot of time. they make it simple in the video clips but that's actually not telling you what it's designed to do.

dreyn77

Reaction score
They just show you the pedal can make sound and a few different sounds.
you've got to first findout which amp it's made for. etc...

I've learned these things are WAY more complicated and complex than they tell anybody.
It's fine if you have 40 years of gear demo experience but most of us only have 50 hours of experience.

I just bought the MXR dime distortion but only cause it has some real world meaning to me and it was real cheap and it was in a shocking state and I thought dime's image needed more respect than the original money man who was able to buy it and promtley destroy it. :(

Does another pedal have real meaning in yourlife? so you'll keep it and make it work?