My 2023 Les Paul Standard

• Thread starter wizard1325
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wizard1325

Reaction score
After 10 years of a Long wait with life and obstacles it threw at me with the help of my amazing G.F. I secured my Dream guitar, I am so excited and wanted to share this experience. I choose a style a little out of the mix then the traditional stripes you see on most. Took about 5 emails of haggling at the candy store. Winded up agreeing with $2,815.03 before Tax. I feel it was a win win price on both side idk. Tell me what your think of Susan!

:band:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-06 210057.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-09-06 210057.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 162
  • Screenshot 2023-09-06 210242.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-09-06 210242.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

wizard1325

Reaction score
Thanks, It was nerve racking choosing the color not knowing how it will play in my hands. One thing i do notice the action is sooo super low like the frets are minis and this thing doesnt buzz at all. I do tend to find my fingers rubbing on the rosewood alot in bends more then my fender which i discribe it as gliding motion. Here with the Gibson theres a little friction on my fingers to the rosewood. does that make any sense? Idk

Cal Nevari

Reaction score
After 10 years of a Long wait with life and obstacles it threw at me with the help of my amazing G.F. I secured my Dream guitar, I am so excited and wanted to share this experience. I choose a style a little out of the mix then the traditional stripes you see on most. Took about 5 emails of haggling at the candy store. Winded up agreeing with $2,815.03 before Tax. I feel it was a win win price on both side idk. Tell me what your think of Susan!

:band:
Gorgeous! Happy NGD! Crank her up and blow out the windows!

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Currently living in a van down by the river.
Prettiest top I've ever seen on a Standard. You done great! :yesway:

Now here's what to do next, see:

1. Set that one in a stand, in a location where you can catch sight of it most often. Don't touch it, just look at it all day.

2. Then go out and buy a cheap guitar, and play that one while looking at your nice one.

:D

Last edited:

JeffMcLeod

Reaction score
Thanks, It was nerve racking choosing the color not knowing how it will play in my hands. One thing i do notice the action is sooo super low like the frets are minis and this thing doesnt buzz at all. I do tend to find my fingers rubbing on the rosewood alot in bends more then my fender which i discribe it as gliding motion. Here with the Gibson theres a little friction on my fingers to the rosewood. does that make any sense? Idk

Sounds like you just need a proper set-up to your personal preferences. If you're not sure what to do or where to start, talk to the place that you bought it from.

:hbang:

BlueX

Reaction score
HNGD! I love cherry sunburst, and that's a stunning top. May you enjoy her for many, many years.

If nitro finish is new to you, then don't forget to use guitar stands that are "nitro-safe" (same with clip-on tuners, etc.). Rubber with softener can damage nitro finish.

El Gringo

Reaction score
Prettiest top I've ever seen on a Standard. You done great! :yesway:

Now here's what to do next, see:

1. Set that one in a stand, in a location where you can catch sight of it most often. Don't touch it, just look at it all day.

2. Then go out and buy a cheap guitar, and play that one while looking at your nice one.

:D
No, No , No , that beauty has to get played to appreciate her to the fullest .

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
Congrats! I know what you mean about the frets. My 2020 Standard had the lowest frets I've ever had on any guitar ever. I tried to get used to it, but after owning about a year I decided to have the frets replaced with some jumbos. I bought mine used for a really good price so I didn't mind putting the money into to make it feel like I like.

El Gringo

Reaction score
It was a joke. ;)
Ok, sigh of relief . Plus it's a pet peeve of mine that some buy to be case queens . Like what ? It's a musical instrument made and meant to play and make music on right ? All of my herd are on stands in my big room breathing the same air as I do and absorbing all of the heat and humidity of this summer and they are all fine and dandy . Cases are in a spare room all piled up . In the winter time when the heat is on and it's dry then I run 2 humidifiers to help keep them safe . This works for the most part perfectly except for my childhood first Gibson Les Paul Custom that must be set up each fall as she needs to have a little bit of relief adjustment on her truss rod . Temperamental just like any lady has been in my life .

Latest posts