My collection--The amps!

• Thread starter matt3310
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

matt3310

Reaction score
Well Ive been asked a million times to make a thread about my gear and there differences. So here it is!

Up first is my AFD!
DSC_0129.jpg

I love this amp! Its my go to amp these days. Great classic Marshall crunch. Get past the "Slash" bs and this amp is amazing! The power scaling is awesome. Works great. The auto bias is spot on. I can play this and if you don't know what amp it is you would swear it was a badass JCM800.

Perfect for hard rock, rock, blues. (GNR, Alice in Chains, Ozzy, Creed, STP, Whitesnake, and many more!)

DSC_0052.jpg

This is a 73 Super bass thats been modded. It has 6550 Power tubes, Converted to a superlead, and installed a master volume. Its a point to point amp! The best sounding Classic Marshall I've ever heard. And deafening loud!!!

Great for Classic rock. (Cream, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix)

DSC_0129-1.jpg

Zakk Wylde 2203! Awesome! need I say more?

JCM8002204.jpg

1987 2204. I love the gain this baby has. Perfect for any 80's-90's rock without pedals! Simple and perfect. One of my all time favorite Marshalls ever.

DSC_0025.jpg

1992 SLP reissue. Modded with 6550's, and a master volume. Super loud! Great amps. I tried to replicate the 73 so I can take it out without risking the 73. Same set up, but totally different sound! I like it, but its just not the 73. Everyone loves this amp. But once you hear the 73, this thing gets ignored! :)
Many people have used this and the 73 in recordings.

Great for Classic rock. (Cream, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix)

DSC_0026.jpg

Original Slash amp. Exact Jubilee replica. I bought this off my friend and ex-Saliva guitarist Jonathan Montoya. Darker than JCM800. TONS of gain! I LOVE this amp. Totally different character than the 2203. More gain than the AFD100 I think. Maybe just the darker tone makes me think that.

Good for hard rock, even metal!

DSC_0027.jpg

DSL100! I have 3 of these. There are a great grab and go amp. They can do anything well. I really like these a lot. You can cover any ground with this baby.
Wanna play blues, no problem. Wanna rock? She does that too!!

Perfect for any style!

DSC_0030.jpg

6100! The ultimate Marshall! I will never get rid of this amp! All original, EL34 amp. This is truly the do it all amp. 50's rock to 2000's metal. It does it all without thinking about it! I can't say enough great things about it!!!

Perfect for ANYTHING!!!!!!

DSC_0029-1.jpg

6100 LM. Great amp also. It has the 5881 tubes in it. I like the el34's better. Still does everything well. I think the 34's have a more classic "British" sound than the 5881's.

DSC_0031.jpg

Peavey 5150. Not crazy about this one at all. The gain is to fizzy for my liking. Great amp for metal though. Nice cleans at lower volume.

Good for Heavy Metal, nu age metal.

DSC_0032.jpg

Jet City Pico Valve

Awesome little 5 watt jewel! I've tried a lot of different power tubes in this but keep coming back to the 6L6. Great for the bedroom! I've used this for several solo's on recordings!

(ZZ top, Joe Bonamossa, Kenny Wayne Sheppard)

DSC_0033.jpg

1958 Bassman. The ultimate Blues amp!! Tones for days! Super clean, and beautiful!

Good for SRV, Johnny Lang, Clapton.

DSC_0034.jpg

3rd Power HLH HD100! OMG!!! Best "Marshall" ever! If you haven't heard one of these, do yourself a favor and do it!!! I'm a hardcore Marshall guy, but this amp is THE DEAL! Best Marshall tones I've ever heard. Point to point wiring. It can do Fenderish cleans. Very glassy. Then crank it up and it becomes a high gain fire breathing take no prisoners beast!

Great for everything! Jerry Cantrell has started using these live.

DSC_0035.jpg

Dual Rec! High gain beast that can cover a lot of ground. Modern metal and rock all the way to.....BLUES! Yes these babes clean up well and are super versatile. Great cleans.

DSC_0024.jpg

68 Fender Dual Showman reverb.

WOW, what else can I say? Clean as hell! Big bottom end!

DSC_0036.jpg

Mesa Roadking. Super amp! Tons of gain and even more versatile than the Dual Rec! It has 6l6 and el34's! You can assign each channel to have different or mixed power tubes. You can get fender cleans on one channel, Classic Marshall gain on the second, and High gain on the 3rd. Then still have a 4th channel for solos, or different gain settings. I use this amp a lot for going to open jams with people cause I can get whatever tone I want. Very easy to use!

DSC_0160.jpg

Cool little 20 watt amp! Great for rock!

DSC_0162.jpg

Late 70's Musicman HD150. The Twin killer! Solid state preamp, 6L6 power amp! Super clean. Amazing for old country!

Last edited:

matt3310

Reaction score
I have a few more, I'll update this thread later. Got tired of typing! :)

Grunch

Reaction score
Nice collection! That's quite an investment you have there. Very impressive.

matt3310

Reaction score
DSC_0134.jpg

Diamond Nirtox! Super Glassy cleans and Stuipid High Gain! Crushing! 2.5 channels of Sonic Bliss!

ac30.jpg

AC30 Heritage handwired! A true reproduction of the classic! Sounds awesome! Brian May all the way! :)

220232_10150276909122977_697242976_9295893_6566333_o.jpg

Vox Lil night train. Great little practice amp that has some tone and balls!

dptone5

Reaction score
Awesome Matt....what a fun read!

Glad that you like the 6100. I'm with you....it's my ultimate Marshall!!

But the rest are awesome as well!

fstrat59slp

Reaction score
Your my hero, one day I want to make a trip to come visit you, your strats, and your Marshall's. You should build a museum, this is amazing.

Adrian R

Reaction score
okay..ahh I have to say this..sorry moderators..children please look away but...

HOLY FUCK!!!!:wow::wow::wow:

I am SO envious! Your the MAN...man..:headbanger: You need at least one 900 for posterity reasons...get yourself a 25/2100 man...you'll love it!

crankedmarshall

Reaction score
What I really like about your collection is the sheer variety. Fender, Vox, Marshall, etc it's all there! You could literally have that for a Pro Studio back
line and cover almost every tone imaginable.

All that being said, this is a guitar forum and we cannot let this thread continue without stoking the gas induced fire. Wouldn't want you getting complacent. May I suggest adding a blackface Deluxe Reverb or Vibrolux?:naughty:

plexilespaul

Reaction score
nice collection and really i like your taking the time and typo a few words as to your preference and liking...i really enjoyed it
thanks