My new Avatar 4x12

• Thread starter AlisterHag
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AlisterHag

Reaction score
I recently got my Avatar Vintage cab and I have to say it's the best looking and sounding cab I've ever had. I got it with black and gold weave grill with black piping. Loaded with G12-65's ftw!

I'm seriously thinking about finishing the stack off with another one loaded with Heritage G12H's.

Username2

Reaction score
They are every bit as good as Marshalls best cabinets, good material and construction. If I wasn't so anal about my gear matching I would have gone with Avatar for all my cabinets. The quality of a cabinet make a big difference.

AlisterHag

Reaction score
My old cab was a standard 1960b cab with the standard 75's. It sounded good with my JMP, but the tones coming out of these 65's are incredible. I had no idea the amount of difference it would have.

I also noticed these Avatar Vintage cabs are very deep compared to my Marshall. It's almost twice as deep as my head.

poeman33

Reaction score
Congrats! You will love it. I have the same cab with V30's. Wonderful sound and great construction.

nedcronin

Reaction score
I have always wanted to try one of these cabs in person, the quality look great. I too use g12m-65's in an old Marshall cab, they are fantastic speakers, you will grow to love them even more the more you play them. Great score, how much was that cab about $950? I wish you all the luck in the world with that sweet rig.

truckdub

Reaction score
This is good to hear!! I have an Avatar Vintage 412 cab out for delivery now!! Should get to me on Friday. I went with the V30/G12H30 combination. Can't wait!

guitar76

Reaction score
I've got a Avatar 2x12 on the way this week with one Hellatone 30 and one Hellatone 60.

Skotosynthesis

Reaction score
I concur.
I don't remember what it's called, but I got this bad mf (on the bottom)...
Sorry, the picture's sideways!! I don't know how to fix.
Anyway, it's got g12h-30's, I remember that much (on top is a Carvin Legacy cab w/ V30's)
I just wish Avatar made "tall" cabs. Then it would be perfect!

Attachments

• 2011-02-22_11-43-07_194.jpg
    2011-02-22_11-43-07_194.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 32

V-man

Reaction score
They are every bit as good as Marshalls best cabinets, good material and construction. If I wasn't so anal about my gear matching I would have gone with Avatar for all my cabinets. The quality of a cabinet make a big difference.

This is why I am considering trading my G412 Traditional locally (offered that and some other options for a 2466). Hell, I have one of the cabs pictured on their site. The black G412 traditional on the site there is actually mine, and in the same condition, with the tag in the same place.

blackblack412trad.jpg

The only shitty thing is that's my V30 block and I am SOL for anything but GT75s if I lose it. Fuck OCD in the face.

Salsg

Reaction score
Grats, Avatar makes some nice cabs, good price and you choose what speakers too, nothing beats that.

I have an Avatar Vintage 2x12 I Marshallized, with Marshall grill cloth, and Marshall corners.

leikdoi

Reaction score
Did you order your cabinets with no logo on them or did you remove them? If you removed them, how did you do it without damaging your grill cloth?

AlisterHag

Reaction score
The back of the logo just has a light coat of a silicon type glue. Comes off nice and easy.

leikdoi

Reaction score
Did you introduce a little bit of heat to get the glue to give a bit or did you just lightly lift the logo off?

Great looking cabs, by the way.

longfxukxnhair

Reaction score
I recently got my Avatar Vintage cab and I have to say it's the best looking and sounding cab I've ever had. I got it with black and gold weave grill with black piping. Loaded with G12-65's ftw!

I'm seriously thinking about finishing the stack off with another one loaded with Heritage G12H's.

Congrats! I run 65's and 50's in my Avatar and love it.