My new birthday guitar. Jazzmaster.

• Thread starter Wezie Guitar lover
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Wezie Guitar lover

Reaction score
Ok so when I went to get the Cort Sunset family went with me. They said we will not order what you wanted for your birthday. So get a really cheap guitar. They know nothing about guitars nothing. And remember it was their money.

So I saw a cheap Kramer Strat with maple neck in purple, SG for 200 with really nice wood but cheap electronics, and a 7 string LTD super strat. Made really nice. But I hated the metal knobs. No Floyd Rose either. I sort of dislike the Floyd Rose and the clones.

So I saw used a Squire Jazzmaster with out the Dark circuits. My Facebook friend and YouTuber Ryan Of 60 Cycle Hum reviewed one. The burgundy mist. I got used missing the trem arm the lake placid blue.

It has a 2 point trem system like a Strat. I mostly avoid Squires. Jazzmaster and Jaguars are nice though.

The Andy Griffith Show had James Best pretending to play one I love the episode.

I find custom builders, nice expensive gear used etc.. so I do not have snobbery towards Squire. I just am not interested in them. But the neck. It was so good. 70's headstock. Fancy. On cheap guitars you do not find that but every once in a while. I love the neck.

I also got a capo, guitar cleaner, and 2 straps. Perils Jacquard straps.

I sort of like my guitar. I love the neck.

kyser-red-bandana-quick-change-capo-31580851667137.jpg91cQDI-QMaL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg0378301502_sqr_ins_frt_1_rr.jpg

Wezie Guitar lover

Reaction score
Happy Birthday
And
HNGD!!

That's a Nice color!!
It reminds me of my first electric guitar ever free from my church. A offset in 1982 I was 7 years old. A cheap Degas.

I sort of like it. I love the neck.

Wezie Guitar lover

Reaction score
I get the guitar on the 16th. It is paid for on pawn clearance.

I also got the straps. They are really nice. But I have 1 issue. The ends are stiff. And I do not know if they are real leather? The slit needed cut with a knife.

The would not fit or go on the strap buttons. I also got the Kapo. It is rosewood color and really nice.

I also got a Batman graphic Novel with a Batman mask. A Johny Carson book. And a Beatles get back book with alot of info.

I also ate at the Olive Garden. Lasagna and chicken and dumplings soup.

I will enjoy my cheap guitar. My second Squire. I own guitars that are more expensive. But as I said it was their money. Not mine. And my first Jazzmaster. It does not have the Dark circuits.

So in all I had a decent birthday.

Wezie Guitar lover

Reaction score
Ok so I got the Jazzmaster. I cleaned it. I also got a chrome guitar stand.

The neck is so fancy. You do not see that at all on the cheap. It has a CBS headstock. It is lightly oild and the headstock has a lot of Lacquer. I have pictures.

Body is great. No issues. Not as thick as a Fender but thick enough. I think the body is not as thick as a Fender? If Squire does make any as thick as a Fender then let me know?

It is a really nice color. And had a black pick guard. A Laurel fretboard. A 2 point strat style trem.

It needs a trem arm and I have one at the house. It has 1 small issue only at the switch tip. The guitar was used. It has white stuff on the switch tip metal base. It is in the pictures I took.

What can I do to remove it? And my frets hang off. Not like most just hang off a little bit. I can fix that myself or get the frets looked at. I have one of my first guitars ever that are much worse on the frets. I need that one looked at buy a tech.

It is not to heavy guitar. Really nice for a Squire. My second Squire. Like I said I do not buy much Squire or Epiphone. I am not a cork sniffer.

I normally find expensive guitars cheap. Or custom builders no one knew about and the custom builds are cheap used. I will resize the pictures and put them up on the forum.

Last edited:

PelliX

Reaction score
Body is great. No issues. Not as thick as a Fender but thick enough. I think the body is not as thick as a Fender? If Squire does make any as thick as a Fender then let me know?

I've noticed that their Tele bodies are a few mm thinner than the real Fender counterparts. Not sure about the other models, can't say I noticed a difference there, but Tele's are more my expertise.

It is not to heavy guitar. Really nice for a Squire. My second Squire. Like I said I do not buy much Squire or Epiphone. I am not a cork sniffer.

Nothing wrong with having a cheap guitar if it works for you! Of all my guitars, if I could save only one from the proverbial fire it would be a Fender MIM.

...I'm still pretty sure it's a *Squier* though, not a Squire... ;)

RLW59

Reaction score
Spellcheck often changes "Squier" to "Squire", because Squier was a person's name and squire is a regular English word.

Vincent Carroll Squier was a pioneer of steel strings. First for violins, then for mandolins, banjos and guitars. His string company became the largest in the US.

In the '50s, Fender contracted the V. C. Squier Company to make Fender-branded strings. In the '60s Fender bought the Squier Company and discontinued Squier-branded strings.

When they decided to start selling less expensive import guitars, they decided to use a trademark they already owned and named the new brand Squier.

V. C. Squier was the Ernie Ball or Jim Dunlop of his day. Maybe more significant than those guys, because his steel strings were a revolution that almost entirely replaced gut strings.

We wouldn't have electric guitars or electric basses without steel strings.

PelliX

Reaction score
We wouldn't have electric guitars or electric basses without steel strings.

Likewise we wouldn't have roundwound bass strings without John Entwistle and James How who [pun not intended] went on to found Rotosound. :D

Latest posts