My new vintage Marshall. pix

• Thread starter wrathchild1
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wrathchild1

Reaction score
1977 JMP.

First one Ive owned. ( I might sell the cab)

I've played DSLs for years, and this came up.

After I heard it, I had to have it.

I paid 1500 bucks for the head and cab, I dont know ANYTHING about the cab?

I think the head is worth about 8-$850. Its super clean.

any info on the cab would be great

jmpcab.jpg

speakers.jpg

Last edited:

HOT TUBES 70

Reaction score
congrats man , sweet amp !!!!!, i had the same head exactly , this one looks to be in
premium shape , and the cab has the perfect speakers for that head IMO.
G12H 30S !!! .........................................TWO THUMBS UP !!!

psphill27

Reaction score
Dude...keep the cab. I wouldn't seperate the two...it's such a great find. Hope you enjoy it.

wrathchild1

Reaction score
Dude...keep the cab. I wouldn't seperate the two...it's such a great find. Hope you enjoy it.

yeah, after using it last night with the band, I will for sure keep the cab.

plus the newer 1960s just dont look right with it.

GibsonSlash

Reaction score
Congrats man!

Yea, it's freaking loud, that's why I bought an attenuator, THD hot plate is my best pick.

Sorry for asking this, because mine is a canadian switches model, what are the 3 knobs on the left, I know red is the power, middle is standby, what's the other one?

jsegovia

Reaction score
Excellent amp, excellent price! May I ask where you scored it?

And by the way, you should check the serial numbers on the speakers and cabs but I think your cab is a '79, because up until '78 I believe the cabs came stock with Greenbacks.

Does the amp have EL-34 tubes or the larger 6550s?

Jesse

wrathchild1

Reaction score
Excellent amp, excellent price! May I ask where you scored it?

And by the way, you should check the serial numbers on the speakers and cabs but I think your cab is a '79, because up until '78 I believe the cabs came stock with Greenbacks.

Does the amp have EL-34 tubes or the larger 6550s?

Jesse

I got it from a older guy here in cleveland ohio. He posted a bunch of vintage fender stuff and a gibson stuff. I went over his house to look at a Less Paul, and I came home with the only marshall he had.

The cab is from 82. (Its says right on the cab) lol, I didnt see it before.

and its a 6550.

wrathchild1

Reaction score
Congrats man!

Yea, it's freaking loud, that's why I bought an attenuator, THD hot plate is my best pick.

Sorry for asking this, because mine is a canadian switches model, what are the 3 knobs on the left, I know red is the power, middle is standby, what's the other one?

the 3rd switch is for a fan.

jsegovia

Reaction score
I got it from a older guy here in cleveland ohio. He posted a bunch of vintage fender stuff and a gibson stuff. I went over his house to look at a Less Paul, and I came home with the only marshall he had.

The cab is from 82. (Its says right on the cab) lol, I didnt see it before.

and its a 6550.

Awesome. You lucked out! Most people swear by EL-34s but my '78 sounded fantastic with 6550s.

I sold my head and matching '79 cab (I had the B cab in excellent shape) in favor of the Marshall Vintage Modern which I'm digging, but someday I will probably own another JMP half-stack!

Jesse

stock_hippie

Reaction score
Awesome. You lucked out! Most people swear by EL-34s but my '78 sounded fantastic with 6550s.

I sold my head and matching '79 cab (I had the B cab in excellent shape) in favor of the Marshall Vintage Modern which I'm digging, but someday I will probably own another JMP half-stack!

Jesse
is your old jmp a loud amp?...does it op at lw volume?

steelhorse

Reaction score
Congrats man!

By now you learned it's a switch for the fan.....

I was going to say it was for nitrous injection! :naughty:

stock_hippie

Reaction score
i palyed a bar last week and the cook turned up his radio to drown me out...manager wasnt there...!!!THATS WHY I WANT A MARSHALL TUBERrrrr!!!!!

steelhorse

Reaction score
not everyone likes that country stuff bruddah which is why the cook cranked his radio!