My Phil-X Viper Replica 100% done

• Thread starter msgdman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

msgdman

Reaction score
OK, here it is, I finally got the pickup wired, and the decals on the back. At the bottom of the photos is a short clip, crappy camera sound, but Silver Jubilee sweetness none the less. I am very happy with the final result.

100_1192_zps40043276.jpg

100_1193_zpsa6d20697.jpg

100_1194_zps6c768eae.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWASguZiqnY]Phil-X Inspired LTD Viper ESP - YouTube[/ame]

msgdman

Reaction score
Nice job on the guitar....sweet jub too!!! What's the story with that white custom on the wall?

Chinese, tested the waters to see what would show up, paid $359, got free shipping, and that showed up 2 weeks later in a hard shell case. Neck should be ebony so I need to darken it. trying to replicate RR's Les Paul.

blues_n_cues

VIP Member
Reaction score
Chinese, tested the waters to see what would show up, paid $359, got free shipping, and that showed up 2 weeks later in a hard shell case. Neck should be ebony so I need to darken it. trying to replicate RR's Les Paul.

well the RR "looks" nice. those damn Chinese.

Redstone

Reaction score
That thing turned out great! Looks exactly like Phils Axe. Great job :)

msgdman

Reaction score
well the RR "looks" nice. those damn Chinese.

You are right my friend, Looks only, it goes out of tune, pickups suck, feels light like it is made of particle board. I look at it more of a piece of art in the man cave, in line with a poster of RR on the wall, I never play it, just like the look next to the Frank I built.

msgdman

Reaction score
Nice job on the guitar....sweet jub too!!! What's the story with that white custom on the wall?

Funny story with this, I took the pick-guard to a trophy shop to have Randy Rhoads engraved on it, when I went to pick it up, the lady handed it to me after I paid and said "Thank you and have a nice day Mr Rhoads". Obviously she had no idea who RR was, and why I was getting that engraved.:)

blues_n_cues

VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny story with this, I took the pick-guard to a trophy shop to have Randy Rhoads engraved on it, when I went to pick it up, the lady handed it to me after I paid and said "Thank you and have a nice day Mr Rhoads". Obviously she had no idea who RR was, and why I was getting that engraved.:)

:lol::lol::lol:
well for strictly wall art I guess it beats a $5000 Gibson in case someone breaks in.:thumb: