N SG D

• Thread starter anitoli
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
I agree, the white pickguard looks better with that finish.

I note that the tuners are closer to the edge of the headstock on one side than the other. But that's not uncommon, and not a problem. It's just Gibson being Gibson.

Of course I'd notice things like that, being a fairly experienced luthier myself.

I don't really care about the PC board electronics one way or another. As long as they work properly, they don't bother me.

anitoli

Reaction score
I agree, the white pickguard looks better with that finish.

I note that the tuners are closer to the edge of the headstock on one side than the other. But that's not uncommon, and not a problem. It's just Gibson being Gibson.

Of course I'd notice things like that, being a fairly experienced luthier myself.

I don't really care about the PC board electronics one way or another. As long as they work properly, they don't bother me.
That's right those tuning pegs prove it's an Authentic Gibbo!
Yeah i know some out there made a big deal out the PCB but as i like to say in a double blind test...........................:D

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Yeah for some reason the black seems to pull your eye toward the pick guard and subdues the gold whereas the white seems neutral and makes the gold pop.
I did the same with my Tele

jDXZ3Nv.jpg

V-man

Reaction score
Wild axe, man.. my spl,has a rough board like you describe (‘22).

I think it can be pulled off here, but as a rule, SGs and black PGs… it would subtract some “liberace“ and add a little more old T/A or Z/28 grit w black. HNGD!

Latest posts