Nad : 1964 Marshall Jtm45 Replica! Best One You've Ever Seen! (pic-heavy)

coldengray

VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Pete, it means a lot. I have a couple more up my sleeve that should be pretty good, both with original RS OTs. After I heard yours I knew I had to build another. I wanted one for myself but things lined up differently.

I'll keep the details to myself for now, but one will include all the special parts I was saving for myself.

As for the neatness, that is just my style...I want them to look as good as they sound. Plenty of things in there could be neater...live and learn.

Last edited:

coldengray

VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing I will mention - both soundboy57 and beanoaddict have become very good friends, with whom I email with almost daily. Same goes for some of my Tweed customers. I love meeting all these great people who are so passionate about vintage style amps, it's an honor to work with them.

Joshabr1

Reaction score
Neil w
Yes, it is a beautiful piece of work with high quality components with a hybrid of early cosmetics (63/64) and later spec iron (66) with modern appointments of decent output selector and modern IEC plug. With Larry grounding there are no safety concerns as the mains and HT are tied.
Play and enjoy!
neil .... explain that last sentence ??? I've heard of the Larry grounding and can see some things that are not old Marshall looking but just explain why it's safer and how the mains and high tension are tied??

Joshabr1

Reaction score
By the way beano and soundboy those are 2 of the nicest best put together JTM-45 replicas I've ever seen !!!! You need to find a cab like petes .. beano. By the way good luck w that!!! Have a replica built and put some old speakers in it???

Joshabr1

Reaction score
Neil I guess the word safety has to do w the aluminum chassis?

neikeel

Reaction score
Sorry, just saw this, not around much at moment, yes it means that the chassis is not used as an earth and if there is corrosion or loose nut/bolt then you will not get shocked.

Anthony King

Reaction score
Very nice! Would love love love to have one! I would also use it as player, not as a museum piece. Anyways..a work of art..beautiful!