NAD: 2009 JCM2000 DSL100 MLB

• Thread starter God of Thunder
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

God of Thunder

Reaction score
I didn't even know this existed until today - so never turn to me for knowledge! I ordered a JCM2000 from GC with no pictures because I needed something a little "quieter" than my pair of 1971 Super Leads for home use. It said condition was "excellent" and for $700 after tax/shipping, I figured it would look like every other JCM2000. When I unboxed it - something was up and I couldn't tell what it was. It was dang near perfect, but something was throwing me. For one, I knew that the 2000's ended in 2008, so I wasn't sure how a 2009 model got here. I did some research and turns out, there was some "limited edition" JCM2000 called the "MLB" that a lot of stores packaged with the MG cabs. After doing some research on the good old Marshall Forum - turns out the amp is identical to its brothers, just has black piping and a different rear panel. I quite like the look and thought about returning it because my wife gave me the eyes about it - but the unique look has me believing I will keep this one!

SHyzq1Ch.jpg

gwsVw6th.jpg

ugoGYnvh.jpg

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I see MLB, the only thing that comes to mind is Major League Baseball, lol. What does it stand for in the Jcm2000 series?

jimmyo

Reaction score
Very nice! Definitely keep that one! It’s like a new amp. Also it would include all the revisions Marshall had made to the PCB etc that caused Bias Drift issues in earlier models.

You ever decide you do want to sell it, you let me know

God of Thunder

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! Enjoying it a lot so far, other than I don't know how to store 3 heads yet. They're all in the bedroom and the wife just "loves" the decor. I thought about getting one of these from Adorama as I hate to stack the two 1971s as I am trying to keep them as nice as possible - does anyone use this particular case? Or have a more budget friendly option?

https://www.adorama.com/odfzgahd2x2...YO8m4qgqAaAib1EALw_wcB&utm_source=adl-gbase-p

Marshallmadness

Reaction score
I have that exact same amp. I love the looks of it personally with the bronco tolex but also believe it’s the best DSL to own because of having the latest updates and board. I’ve had mine completely apart and it’s all the same UK DSL100 they made for years. However I played it back to back with a slightly older one and I thought the latest board sounded slightly tighter and crunchier. Mine is here to stay.

The nice thing about storing heads is they can be shoved or stacked in places like closets etc and take up little space.

Adrian R

Reaction score
I have that exact same amp. I love the looks of it personally with the bronco tolex but also believe it’s the best DSL to own because of having the latest updates and board. I’ve had mine completely apart and it’s all the same UK DSL100 they made for years. However I played it back to back with a slightly older one and I thought the latest board sounded slightly tighter and crunchier. Mine is here to stay.

The nice thing about storing heads is they can be shoved or stacked in places like closets etc and take up little space.

There was a member here that swore by the MLB version..He preffered it as well over the originals. I've been tempted to buy one in the past.

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score
Very nice! Definitely keep that one! It’s like a new amp. Also it would include all the revisions Marshall had made to the PCB etc that caused Bias Drift issues in earlier models.

You ever decide you do want to sell it, you let me know

Think I just found one but can't afford it.