• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Nad: 2204 hw

• Thread starter johnfv
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nedcronin

Reaction score
Indeed, that is one ass kicker of an amp. I can only imagine it must fatten up something wicked with the master up high.

plexilespaul

Reaction score
sounds awsome man.
i had a ceriatone 2204 and it sounded like a marshall should- balls to the wall
cheers

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words guys. I cranked out a quick clip of me noodling around through just the 2204. The Firebird is plugged straight in and I set the amp for serious bite: the input gain is nearly maxed but the master is pretty low (a little above 9 o'clock - trying to keep the neighbors happy). All tones are pretty close to 12 o'clock, presence around 2 o'clock. The cabinet is my Sourmash 2x12 loaded with WGS ET65 and Vet 30 speakers. Recorded with a 57 (close) and Rode NT1a (about 3 feet back) straight in - no FX or processing. The 57 is panned hard right and the NT1a hard left. The only thing I change during the clip is the pickups - it's pretty easy to hear when I switch but I did a quick sample at the start with neck first (volume turned low for cleanish tone), then both and then bridge.
http://www.johnviehweg.com/links/2204clip2.mp3

Super awesome clip! Thats the tone I'm looking for with my DSL50. I think I gotta put together this speaker combination and see how it works and if I still cant get it then I'll have to buy a 2204. Done.

johnfv

Reaction score
Super awesome clip! Thats the tone I'm looking for with my DSL50. I think I gotta put together this speaker combination and see how it works and if I still cant get it then I'll have to buy a 2204. Done.
Glad you like it! I wanted to do something totally bare (no FX) to show the amp. The WGS speakers are quite good but there is something magic about a good JCM800. IMO the Ceriatone nails it...

MartyStrat54

Reaction score
Great amp + great tubes = Great Tone.

I love 2204's. That's why I have one modded by Wilder.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Great amp + great tubes = Great Tone.

I love 2204's. That's why I have one modded by Wilder.

Marty do you think i can get that tone with my DSL50 with those speakers and tubes? Or am I dreaming...

CMC

Reaction score
Wow. Well, this thread kind of answers my questions about 'Ceriatone' amps:)
I am seriously concidering going for a 100 watt Superlead. It seems like they are a legit operation, with some great products.

But wow, I sure wish they were domestic. The shipping costs are brutal!:(