NAD: 2525h

• Thread starter Dbunch9
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dbunch9

Reaction score
About 4 years ago I had a 2525c and thought it sucked because I couldn’t turn it up. Now I’m in a place where I can crank an amp so I bought the head and a PRS 1x12 cab with Celestion G12T-75! Just got the amp today so haven’t had a ton of time to play around with it but it’s definitely loud and definitely cool to see the difference in a tube amp cranked up vs my solid state positive grid. I’ve got some good tones out of the clean channel so far and even the rhythm clip which I’ve read a lot of mixed reviews about. It seems to do the John frusciante sound pretty well but I would say there’s a big difference in sound between YouTube and being in the room. I think my next purchase will be an attenuator and then a reverb pedal cause man it’s loud and sounds very odd not having reverb after using reverb on the positive grid everyday. If anyone has an recommendations for an attenuator please let me know!

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
HNAD!
If anyone has an recommendations for an attenuator please let me know!
If you have some basic build skills, try your hand at a John H.
If not, "The Guy" has one for sale...

Dbunch9

Reaction score
I don’t think I have the skill set or knowledge to build my own but I will definitely consider that thank you, I’ve read a lot that the JohnH attenuator affects the tone the least

PentodeLicious

Reaction score
HNAD!
As owner of the big one I always say jubilees with bb boost = good times.
Also make it playable at low volumes.

Dbunch9

Reaction score
The more I play the amp the more it seems hard to get the right amount of break up, but even if I get close to the chili peppers sound in my head it’s not near enough break up to stop my distortion pedals from having a huge volume jump lol I’ve been playing this game for a couple days now. I think having an attenuator will help because I have a hard time focusing on the tone when my ears are getting wrecked 😂 I also think I need a better quality power supply for the pedals cause the distortion pedals really have a lot of noise when I’m not strumming and it did that on my positive grid amp as well

Dbunch9

Reaction score
Having the rhythm clip on with gain at 2-2.5 and master on 8 as well as a ce1 preamp at 12 o clock high output mode is pretty much the sweet spot. I was just playing before work but with a backing track for the first time and honestly, it doesn’t sound like too much gain when I play along with music and I could barely here the music over the amp 😂 and the volume jump is pretty manageable even tho I feel like it’s still there a little bit. Really need a better power supply though because my distortion pedals sound very weird and idk what else the problem could be

Latest posts