NAD - 6101 blue combo!

• Thread starter Jethro Rocker
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
Lucked into a blue 6101 combo today! Wow!! Yay for me...:shred: Looks like it might be my new #1 go to - very compact, heavy as hell but so compact! Will give it the real test this week, might use it for the show next weekend instead of the 40C...

DSC01655.jpg

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
Rod - it's 3 channels, 100 watts / 50 / 25 as pentode/triode or 2 tube configuration, separate EQ, 2 fx loops, extra gain boost, level controls for everything, DI out with silent mode, etc etc. 35kg but hey, so tiny. Sounds amazing so far, cleaned up the pots and tightened top handle. It has side handles thank god. I love the color and the relative rarity. A good companion for my Silver Jube.

USAPatriot

In Memorandum
Reaction score
Being so small, I'd worry about heat at the higher wattages, but maybe it's well vented in the back. I've not seen one before, but dayum that's small! Me, I'd put it on wheels lol. I hope it plays as good as it looks! -Rod-

sullimd

Reaction score
Wow, great score man. I'd love to own it....(AND the 2558!). You have an awesome collection of smaller amps/combos.

If you don't mind me asking, how much dis you pay for it?

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
Thanks guys. $900 don't know how good a deal, dont really care honestly. They're just not out there. The back is completely open with a small baffle at the bottom. I'll take a pic of the back, it has a bizarre 200 watt Celestion gold S303 speaker, with a big rubber cover over the magnet. The minister of finance (the wife) thinks it needs wheels too, I think she's right. I'm really proud of my 2558 as I happened to just buy an amp in '87 so that's what it was. I'm thinking for the small area of real estate it takes up in the vehicle and 3 channels, it may well get the nod mext weekend. I'll be sure to get pix / vids either way!

USAPatriot

In Memorandum
Reaction score
Thanks guys. $900 don't know how good a deal, dont really care honestly. They're just not out there. The back is completely open with a small baffle at the bottom. I'll take a pic of the back, it has a bizarre 200 watt Celestion gold S303 speaker, with a big rubber cover over the magnet. The minister of finance (the wife) thinks it needs wheels too, I think she's right. I'm really proud of my 2558 as I happened to just buy an amp in '87 so that's what it was. I'm thinking for the small area of real estate it takes up in the vehicle and 3 channels, it may well get the nod mext weekend. I'll be sure to get pix / vids either way!

I think that's a good deal. 2 years ago some guy on some other forum claimed to have paid $1400 for one. Hell, anything is worth it if you believe it is.

Wheels: Yeah, I put casters on my old 5150 II back in 2000. It's just too much to lug around and frankly, it's not worth banging it up if you're struggling to carry and control it. -Rod-

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
Dude, if its worth $900 to you then its a good deal no matter how you look at it. That aside, I think $900 is a good deal market wise too. Seems like they always sell for around $1000, little more, little less.

Agreed I always think used gear is worth what one party is willing to pay for that the other party is willing to sell for. I'm happy!

Esc

Reaction score
Id keep a fan pointed at the backside if your going to be using at practice/gigging. Keep her cool and she'll last.