NAD: Friedman Little Sister

• Thread starter Deftone
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Deftone

Reaction score
Wasn't overly thrilled with it a first...sounded great but a little too vintage sounding for my tastes. But once I started flipping switches and turning knobs I found a sweet spot that really suits me. I also wasn't crazy about the aesthetics, a little too vintage looking for me as well, as I prefer the Black and Gold, centered faceplate look of a more modern Marshall. But once I realized it's paying respect to the early JTM45's, I can appreciate it a bit more.

What I like:

* More than enough low end, especially for a 20w
* Responsive controls
* Killer MV. Really nice tone and low end playing loud or super quiet. Perfect for my office rig
* Respond really well to pedals
* Simple layout with plenty of versatility

The previous owner added a Bright Cap Mod (Bass Cut) and made a vid....

His comments:

"the video should explain everything pretty well, like a light switch, the amp should be stock with the switch in the down position, ‘bass cut’ with the switch up.
With the mod engaged I could roll up the bass, turn down the treble, with mids to taste and get some really great AC/DC type tones. Turn down the mids, and hit with an overdrive for hard rock stuff. In stock mode, it’s classic rock, and blues all day."

It's really, really bright with the switch activated, not for me. But I can turn it off so no big deal. IMHO the same thing could have been done with a pedal.

Latest posts