NAD: I finally did it.

• Thread starter Klon Solo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Klon Solo

Reaction score
An original (beat to ****) Marshall Silver Jubilee 2550.

It has everything I need: effects loop, 25 watt option, master volume, push-pulls for added tweaking - but most of all...TONE.

I never considered these amps, because I'm not a fan of the silver/mirror scheme. That said, I've only seen the new reissues. This old one is doused in coolness - from the cigarette burns to the massive tears.

Tonally, it beat everything out in the shop. There was a 71 JMP that had a bit more glistening highs, but I'm certain I can get those out this amp. I always planned on using Arcane Analog's treble booster to get me there anyway.

I pick it up from the shop saturday!!!

jubillee%20front_zpsbjdbfwht.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

dreyn77

Reaction score
ROLL ON sat, oh, i'm already in saturday. I'll go pick it up for you now. ;)
I'll have a jam on it, on the way to your place.

33KHD

Reaction score
I was going to ask you which shop you found it in but figured you wouldn't say until you had it in your hands!

dreyn77

Reaction score
If you had've said it was your bed room we would have believed it.

great score. enjoy. I've heard of guys arriving at shops and putting up the cash before the person has paid in full. so they lost the item they were paying for. So that problem is happening all over the world.

NewReligion

VIP Member
Reaction score
An original (beat to ****) Marshall Silver Jubilee 2550.

It has everything I need: effects loop, 25 watt option, master volume, push-pulls for added tweaking - but most of all...TONE.

I never considered these amps, because I'm not a fan of the silver/mirror scheme. That said, I've only seen the new reissues. This old one is doused in coolness - from the cigarette burns to the massive tears.

Tonally, it beat everything out in the shop. There was a 71 JMP that had a bit more glistening highs, but I'm certain I can get those out this amp. I always planned on using Arcane Analog's treble booster to get me there anyway.

I pick it up from the shop saturday!!!

jubillee%20front_zpsbjdbfwht.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Congratulations.

David ♫

Klon Solo

Reaction score
If you had've said it was your bed room we would have believed it.

great score. enjoy. I've heard of guys arriving at shops and putting up the cash before the person has paid in full. so they lost the item they were paying for. So that problem is happening all over the world.

Damn, that would have been way better than saying I don't have it yet, ha.

TBH, you'd be surprised about the effectiveness of "forum power".

If you're ever concerned about the goings on at a smaller shop, just mention the service has been so good and refreshing that you're going to start a thread on your forum.

thegaindeli

Reaction score
Welcome to the 2550 club! That's right... I said it. :naughty:

Seriously though, the 2550 is a great amplifier. Playing in 25 watt mode is where it's at IMO. It has a sponginess to it that works with every guitar I've plugged into it. Slap a Bogner Wessex in front for enhanced picking dynamics.

Last edited:

temporarychicken

Reaction score
Ironically, the recent re-issue of the Silver Jubilee 2555x model has lowered demand for the vintage original versions slightly, leading to lower asking prices from sellers.

A great time to buy an original.

In fact what the hell - it's a great time to buy a re-issue now.

I just need to ask her indoors for 1100 UK Pounds pocket money.

Also. you got the grey cabs. Those are essential. A grey head on a black cab kills the aesthetics somewhat.

Klon Solo

Reaction score
Thanks all.

Did I mention that it has been signed by Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley? I wonder what happened that night...

neikeel

Reaction score
Nice score, always wondered about those - out of my price range when new.

Makes a refreshing change that you actually went to the shop and played it rather than shell out on line and have to wait until it arrives in the post to see what it actually sounds like:D